CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if CTX shares it's front fender with the NC700S. Can't see a specific extender for CTX but there's couple of NC extenders on the web.

·
Registered
59 Posts
fender extender

Bazil I have looked at the Nt front fender and its the same width and close to the same length but it has a seam long ways on each side of the fender...I still think that an extender will work but I haven't pulled the trigger to order one....My 2 cents ?:confused:

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've used some inexpensive black plastic on the last three bikes and it has worked well. We get a lot of moss in the Pacific Northwest, so I used the side of an empty black plastic moss killer container. I simply cut it to shape and attached it with velcro. After 50,000 miles, it is still on.

If you look around, you can probably find something like that black container laying around. The cost is $0, and if it doesn't work, then go spend the bucks. Where it is located, the mudflap is pretty much out of sight.

Chris

·
Registered
59 Posts
fender extender

I looked at a NT700 front fender today and altho the frt fender on the CTX has 2 ridges on each side the inside of the fender is smooth....That being said I think a fender extender for the NT will work on the CTX frt fender....I will give a try anyway.....

·
Registered
975 Posts
Anyone got any pics or links. I'm sort of lost with respect to what exactly we're talking about with a fender extender.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
You just lengthen the backside of the fender, reduces spray and dirt, like a mud flap.

You can make them too long, ie speed bumps in parking lots they will scrape.

I have some black plastic leaf bag holder that I will use for the front and rear. Hoping it will greatly reduce the grime I get over the back end, regularly ride on gravel roads and it sprays over the back end.

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
The aftermarket sells fender extenders for both the front and back fenders of some motorcycles. These are designed to protect the radiator area and lower section of the front since OEM fenders don't extend far enough. Very popular in Europe. The cost is about $125.00 for the fronts and $150.00 for the rear. The NC700 forum has some threads dealing with homemade solutions. Most of these are potted plant plastic pots cut to fit since they give the necessary curvature required to fit the fender. Pretty cheap solution and it does work. I've thought of trying it myself. Just been taxed with other projects for the time being.

·
Registered
59 Posts
fender extender

I have got the Pyramid fender extender#51801 for a NC700X/S....For the CTX it fits well thur the bottom of the fender however the side are wider on a NC fender so you have a gap of about 1/4" on each side towards the top part of the extender...I'm going to look at it further to see if I can neatly trim the sides to make it look like it should.....I think they will make an extender for our CTX bikes but don't know when.....Many times new models take the aftermarket close to a year to make items to fit....I will follow up on my install...

·
Registered
59 Posts
I trimmed about 1/4" inch off both sides down to about middle ways and then cleaned up the edges,put 3 screws in to the middle area of the fender and 2 screws(very small bolt with a nut) on each side....Not to stress the fender it had a gap inside the fender where they meet so I sealed this with caulk....It turned out pretty well,the Boss is happy so I'm thrilled....Will share Pics when I figure out how....Soon....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts