CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day,

I was wondering if you can or is there an ability to install a fairing kit on a CTX700n? I been searching around the net, but haven't got a positive answer of yes or no?

Thanks
Orion

·
Super Moderator
3,293 Posts
Good day,

I was wondering if you can or is there an ability to install a fairing kit on a CTX700n? I been searching around the net, but haven't got a positive answer of yes or no?

Thanks
Orion
Sadly, your answer is "no" -- there is no fairing add-on for the naked versions except for some jerry-rig DIY item. Search around the forums here and you can see a few examples. You can come close with a couple of the aftermarket windshields however.
Think outside of the box on this one.:)

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
No aftermarket kit available and installing OEM fairing is financially out of the question (about $2600.00). Should have bought a faired version since its only $600.00 more than the N model.

·
Registered
211 Posts
+1 for aftermarket windshields, but finding factory mounts that work might be a bit of a trick. You may end up having to be creative.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Good day,

Thanks
Orion

No kit specific, but there are universals available. Most are small and have attachments to the handle bars.
I did more modification than most. I wanted a larger fairing so I did some considerable carving on a universal brand windscreen, repositioned the turn signals and attached to the handle bar crown as well as to the upper forks.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gordon,

Thanks for the idea's. I will go look at some aftermarket windscreens and see what I can come up with.

Thanks again

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good day,

Thanks
Orion
I have the same model 2014, looking for the same thing.

·
Registered
906 Posts
This reply, above, sums it up accurately.

No aftermarket kit available and installing OEM fairing is financially out of the question (about $2600.00).

Reactions: explorecaves

·
Registered
602 Posts
Attached is a member who retrofitted a National Cycle Plexifairing To his naked CTX. If they would have made one to properly fit the bike every naked CTX would be wearing one.
Plexifairing on CTX700N

1 - 10 of 10 Posts