CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if it's even possible, but has anyone added a fairing to their CTX700ND?

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
I don't know if it's even possible, but has anyone added a fairing to their CTX700ND?

not sure what type would even work or how you would mount one. The CTX700N does not have many tabs to bolt to. Most of us on this forum are trying to get windshields that work let alone a fairing.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Well, I just bought the one that came with a faring. Now I'm working on a Madstad windshield - placed my order yesterday!

Reactions: KA8ZYZ and gregsfc

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i thought if there was a fairing out there, then maybe the windshield would be easy to fit. Was just asking

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Well i thought if there was a fairing out there, then maybe the windshield would be easy to fit. Was just asking

there are very few places to mount a non-CTX specific windshield and best to buy one for your model if you already own one. I have put 2 different ones on my CTX but I have tools and good skills to make brackets and adapt a generic one to my bike. Best to buy one for it. That's what this forum does best, tells you what works.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I ordered the Puig Stream, but it was too small, so now I have ordered the Puig Touring II Windscreen I am hoping it will work out for me

·
Registered
29 Posts
Puig Touring Ii

Well, I ordered the Puig Stream, but it was too small, so now I have ordered the Puig Touring II Windscreen I am hoping it will work out for me
How tall are you? I like the look of the Puig Touring II windshield. I am about 5'4" and prefer to look over a windshield. I am concerned that the Puig may be too tall.

·
Registered
329 Posts
BIG screen

I looked at the National Cycle Plexifairing, but I think the turn signals on CTX700N would interfere with mounting.

I thought about removing the turn signals and installing mirrors with turn signals or relocating them, to accomodate a big windscreen like this...

But then I had to consider WHY I would alter the naked bike that much. I reach a point where I just throw my hands up and repeat the mantra "life's to short for just one bike at a time"... I need THREE bikes.

And so I will stick with my 17" screen for what I predominantly use my CTX for - commuting. I will add a sport tourer (VFR1200 with DCT!), or a Honda Goldwing, or a Victory Vision in a few years. Those bikes are designed FOR weather protection.

But that is where I am at as a rider with 25 years on two wheels.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts