CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I wanted to know your opinion about a fair price for a 2014 CTX700E (with fairing) with 12,250 miles on it. It doesn't look like it has any accessories on it. They are asking $4000 for it. It's about 2.5 hour drive for me to go look at it and didn't want to waste my time if you think the price is to high and I can't get them to come down. Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Price is fair for a DCT model and about $250 high for a non-dct. But if you want any accessories try to get one with the accessories that you want. For $4250 they can be had with bags etc.

·
Super Moderator
3,117 Posts
Price is fair for a DCT model and about $250 high for a non-dct. But if you want any accessories try to get one with the accessories that you want. For $4250 they can be had with bags etc.
For comparison, I paid $3900 for my 6 speed manual fairing with 4700+ miles on it. However that was back in mid-December 2015! Keep looking, methinks you can do better.
:nerd:

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Just for comparison, I paid $4100 a couple of years ago for a stock DCT with less than 300 miles on it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
From what I can see it's decked out with accessories. I can see the OEM saddlebags, rear backrest... Maybe even heated grips, but the photo is too small to see. Let's say that's nearly 1K in accessories.
It is low mileage, so I'd wonder if it was purchased by somebody and traded in or if it was a demo model. I usually don't like demo models since they get ridden quite hard during the break in period.

At the end of the day it's still a 2014 model, keep that in mind. Tires and battery would be a concern and if the oil has been changed recently. Where I'm from accessories don't reflect in the resale value as much, those take a huge hit in depreciation during resale. Shop around for similar models. I'd try to get them down to 5k price wise, as it's not a DCT model. 5.8K would sound fair if it were a DCT to me.

Good luck hunting.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Vin ends with 0259 so that bike was made early 2014 if not late 2013, so those great looking tires are 6-7 years old. With only 150 miles. You are going to need the 600 mile service plus all the fluids changed and new tires ( make sure you check the date code). I would say $4250 tops. the bags are nice, rear rack is good but the tall Honda windshield sucks not worth anything. Plus it does not have ABS.

check out cycle trader: https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2014-Honda-CTX®700-5009637357

·
Registered
180 Posts
Here prices are higher. I paid in dollars 6500 for my DCT, which included 2 years warrancy, center stand, new top case, new battery and new tyres. The first big service was just done.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
If I were shopping used CTX in the U.S., I would budget $3500-$4500. Today on Cycle Trader, there are 364 used CTXs for sale and 41 of those bikes are listed under $4000. As others have stated, accessories may make the bike more attractive to a given buyer, but don't necessarily translate to a lot more $$ on the sale price.

I feel the CTX is a great buy in an entry level used bike. Stone ax reliable, versatile, competent, economical, fun, if not exciting to ride, and offers the DCT for those so inclined. On the other hand, it's a buyer's market for ALL used motorcycles and there's a ton of low mileage choices out there. Weigh your wants vs your needs and go for it.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
howdy, i'll be considered not rational, but i think we've had 15% inflation in the last 4 years or so and can't really compare dollars spent in 2016 to dollars today.
off topic , i rode yesterday for the first time in a couple months. she purred and unsheathed her claws and punced on that finally black pavement with gusto. also pleasing is that even without battery tender, she fired right up. 30 or 40 miles in the 40 degree weather is plenty though.

ken

·
Registered
66 Posts
2 yrs ago paid 4k for 2014 with fairing had factory side bags top case givi 3 inch riser and heated grips 14k miles

·
Registered
16 Posts
$3,500 for my 2014 700n manual in October of '18. It had 8,200 miles, one owner, and in near-new condition. Bear in mind this N. California, where prices are not low. Drive a hard bargain, keep looking, or expand your search area to include other markets.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I paid $4,852.50 out the door for a 2016 CTX700G faired manual model with 0 miles, all stock. No tax paid because it is from a different state where I bought it from (Wisconsin). I bought it on July 2019.

·
Registered
2014 CTX700 DCT
23 Posts
I paid $4000 this past August in a private sale for a 2014 CTX700DCT with 130 miles on it. No accessories. I had to change oil, replace fork seals and buy new tires (aged out). I spent about $700 on those items. Unless the bike has newer tires, I think the $4000 price is about $500 too high.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts