CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Honda CTX 1000.
When I first bought the bike, it used to behave as if it had a turbo charger. And by that I mean, when I open acceleration up to a certain lever , the engine sound suddenly changes to one that’s like an airplane that is about to take off, then the speed changes suddenly to about double or triple the normal speed. I do not know if that is turbo or not but it was a great feature of the bike I enjoyed .
However, lately, that particular feature is no more . The bike does not run like it used to. I have to open the accelerator fully and still that sound and speed I used to enjoy does not come anymore .
I have given it to many bike mechanics and electricians, they have tried all they could but I’m not getting that speed and sound again.
What could be the problem, please?

·
Registered
2014 CTX700N DCT
40 Posts
I have a Honda CTX 1000.
When I first bought the bike, it used to behave as if it had a turbo charger. And by that I mean, when I open acceleration up to a certain lever , the engine sound suddenly changes to one that’s like an airplane that is about to take off, then the speed changes suddenly to about double or triple the normal speed. I do not know if that is turbo or not but it was a great feature of the bike I enjoyed .
However, lately, that particular feature is no more . The bike does not run like it used to. I have to open the accelerator fully and still that sound and speed I used to enjoy does not come anymore .
I have given it to many bike mechanics and electricians, they have tried all they could but I’m not getting that speed and sound again.
What could be the problem, please?
Is this a DCT model?

If so, what mode(s) are you using? Try Sport over Drive?

Try re-calibrating the DCT computer?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes si
can you take a bunch of photos of your engine and exhaust area?

and wouldn't your bike be either a 700 or 1300?
can you take a bunch of photos of your engine and exhaust area?

and wouldn't your bike be either a 700 or 1300?
Yes sir , I will take the pictures when I get back home . I’m currently away from home.
And Yes it’s 1000, neither 700 nor 1300

1 - 6 of 6 Posts