CTX 700 Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Mungenast. Blue DCT with fairing. Can't wait to ride it!
Once you get it you need to come with us on a Wednesday night ride. Just had one of our local scooter/motorcycle group pick up a black CTX700n DCT a couple of weekends ago. He had it on our ride last week. I think our folks would love to see the blue. You could meet me in Valley Park and we would ride to Shafley's in Maplewood.

Jack

·
Registered
39 Posts
Went to my dealership, told them about the $430 I saw here and they instantly matched it. I've been to most of the Honda dealers in our south sound region and SouthBound is the best (just off I5 in Tacoma/Lakewood).

·
Registered
594 Posts
Once you get it you need to come with us on a Wednesday night ride. Just had one of our local scooter/motorcycle group pick up a black CTX700n DCT a couple of weekends ago. He had it on our ride last week. I think our folks would love to see the blue. You could meet me in Valley Park and we would ride to Shafley's in Maplewood.

Jack
Will do!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Is this deal still active? And to around the country at that? And if so, is the 48 months separate from the included 12 months from purchase? I ask becausey my dealer is listing at 72 months, but that's including the 12 month. Was pretty sneaky since I had to ask like 5 times.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I bought the 4 yr extended about 8 months ago for $430 at my local dealer because someone here said they paid that for theirs. I simply went to my dealer and gave him the chance to sell it to me, and he did. Any dealer can do the same price if they want to. Wallacem in Ga

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
Although the original post is two years old I am happy to say that Blue Ridge Powersports still sells the extended warranty (the 1+4 extra = 5 years) for $430. They were very pleasent to deal with - I wish they were closer. Google Maps says this would be a one-way trip of 2,817 miles for me.

If you are anywhere near Harrisonburg, Virginia I highly recommend them. I hate the term, but my "stealership" quoted $820 for the same Honda warranty. Some people don't think highly of extended warranties but in certain cases the peace of mind is worth it, IMHO. I would not have paid $820, but I gladly paid $430.

Thank you Blue Ridge Powersports!

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Although the original post is two years old I am happy to say that Blue Ridge Powersports still sells the extended warranty (the 1+4 extra = 5 years) for $430.
Are you sure this is Honda covered warranty, not the "Blue Ridge Powersports" warranty? Dealers also sell their own services sometimes...

·
Registered
549 Posts
I can assure you it is the Honda extended warranty. Any Honda dealer can do the same thing if you ask them for it. Wallacem in Ga

·
Registered
345 Posts
If you think about it the extended warranty is a good deal for the dealer most of the items that are warranted are the least likely items to fail. I bought a Ford warranty on a new car the only item that they took care of was a broken window mechanism on the rear door all the other items were considered wear and tare I will never buy a extended warranty again, if it doesn't break with in the mfg warranty period it most likely won't. If a piston or crank shaft, crack head Etc. goes on a newer bike the Mfg. Most likely will work with you on the repair just so they don't get bad mouthed and for good will, good chance you will buy there product again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I'm guessing this no longer applies? Online and at my dealer the extra 48 month warranty is listed as $980. They did take the price down to $785 though. Most extended warranties can be cancelled for the full amount if you do it soon enough, and I definitely will if I just got ripped off.

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
So I'm guessing this no longer applies? Online and at my dealer the extra 48 month warranty is listed as $980. They did take the price down to $785 though. Most extended warranties can be cancelled for the full amount if you do it soon enough, and I definitely will if I just got ripped off.
Yea. Honda announced they were raising the price of their extended warranties for 2017. Been in effect since January. It went up about $200. Dealers previously used to have some leeway in their asking price but Honda has clamped down on them. Prior to this year, you could get it for about $480 with some negotiation when you originally purchased the CTX. Motorcycles are selling so cheaply these days that they probably figure they've got make that money somehow. As reliable as they are, its good profit.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I paid 525 for my 48 month xw. That was in February this year. Paid what the dealer quoted me off the retail price from when I bought it last April. Think the price sheet at that time was 660.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Going through my paperwork it is not the Honda EW, it is through another company. Probably going to talk to the dealer next Tuesday while I'm there. See if there is some way to come to a compromise between the two. If not, my paperwork does say I can cancel within 60 days for a full refund.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hola CTXForum riders. I just purchased the 4-year extended warranty for my 2016 CTX700 from Blue Ridge Powersports for $495, a savings of almost $300 over retail. I worked with "John" to close the deal. He was very helpful. I highly recommend this shop to anyone wanting a fair price for an extended warranty on their Honda.

https://www.blueridgepowersports.com/

-M

·
Registered
886 Posts
I am a little different than most here. I have bought about 30 New vehicles in my life and snowmobiles, atvs and many other appliances and goods in my life. I have never had an extended warrantee. I don't believe in them. I have saved thousands in my time. I believe in my experience that if it is a reputable manufacturer their product will surpass the warrantee period. If something is faulty, it generally will give trouble before the warrantee period has run out or last forever. I feel it is much like life insurance, needed when a young family is starting but once established it is a total loss. If the money spent on all these was invested wisely over the years you would be ahead of the game. Any time I bought something and the sales staff tried to talk me into extended warrantee, I put my cheque back in my pocket and tell them I must be buying the wrong product if they don't believe their product will last. They soon change their mind. It would be interesting to know how many that buy extended warrantee as a percentage, ever have to use it. I believe the numbers would be very high for the numbers that have never collected any benefit. Each to his own. This is just a personal opinion.

·
Registered
442 Posts
TIP, my experience is different. I didn't buy an extended warranty on a 2000 Olds Intrigue, and the transmission failed at 42,000 miles. My out of pocket cost was about double what an extended warranty would have cost me. I bought an extended warranty on my refrigerator, and had repairmen out four times before a great one fixed the problem. I got a parts and labor warranty on my furnace and AC. That will cover the labor cost when the have to change the A coil this Spring. Lastly, the extended warranty paid for replacing the fuel pump on my wife's Mustang, when it was 4 years old.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems. Maybe I am just lucky but it has been a lot of years with no problems. Should have had warrantee on transmission at 42000 unless it was past 5 years.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts