CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am going in tomorrow to finalize the deal on a CTX700. I ordered the taller windshield and heated grips. The dealer has mentioned an extended warranty from Honda at a discount if I purchase it now. Any thoughts on whether this is a good deal or a waste of $$. Thanks!

·
Registered
301 Posts
I got it just because the DCT and ABS are expensive to fix. If one part ever fails it will have paid for itself. Its like buying insurance you don't buy it planning on making a claim but if you do its worth every penny.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Dunno if I agree with the nay-sayers. All that electronics, ABS, DCT. With ZERO down, 3.99% financing, 5 year extended warranty [6 years total] my monthly payment is $182; CTX 700 NDT. When its all said and done, it totals out to "what price peace of mind."
My $0.02
Ride Safe, Ride Often
f

·
Registered
301 Posts
I do all my own wrenching, always have. I got the extended warranty for a couple of reasons 1. As I said above it covers cost of parts and labor on realitively new technology. 2. I'm at an age where it cost my body to do stuff I used to with ease. 3. All I have to worry about is oil, brake pads, and tires. 4. Most importantly, my wife insisted and its her bike. If it weren't a DCT/ABS I'd have passed on the warranty because it is a Honda.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Warranty.

Am going in tomorrow to finalize the deal on a CTX700. I ordered the taller windshield and heated grips. The dealer has mentioned an extended warranty from Honda at a discount if I purchase it now. Any thoughts on whether this is a good deal or a waste of $$. Thanks!
You could ride the bike for almost a year, go into dealer and get coverage then, just like your new car you get multiple chances to get te extended warranty.

Might even get a discount from the dealer (hint). This is a money maker for them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all of the input. I ended up getting two extra years for $350, which comes out to less than 50 cents per day, plus my dealer gave me a 20% discount on a merchandise purchase, which I think I'll use on a new helmet. Thanks again,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts