CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know if any vendors make longer than stock control cables and wiring for this bike?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I don’t know your plans but I know from experience you can get about 2” of setback with stock wires & hoses.
I do not know of anyone making extended sets.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Can't remember which vendor it was when i was thinking about moving my handlebars back but there was one to whom you send your control cables and they send it back in the new length. Maybe a search here will find those discussions.

Check on YouTube if you are mechanically inclined it isnt terribly hard to do it yourself. People are always parting out bikes on eBay if want to get a part from there to modify in case you mess up yours.

It looked like after cutting and moving some zip ties the only thing i really needed to lengthen was the parking brake cable but decided not to do any of it. Still need to sell the Rox risers sitting in my shop.

·
Super Moderator
3,287 Posts
Can't remember which vendor it was when i was thinking about moving my handlebars back but there was one to whom you send your control cables and they send it back in the new length. Maybe a search here will find those discussions.

Check on YouTube if you are mechanically inclined it isnt terribly hard to do it yourself. People are always parting out bikes on eBay if want to get a part from there to modify in case you mess up yours.

It looked like after cutting and moving some zip ties the only thing i really needed to lengthen was the parking brake cable but decided not to do any of it. Still need to sell the Rox risers sitting in my shop.
I would take another look at your cable routes. I have the parking brake on my trike and also have 2" Rox risers installed and I didn't have to replace anything.
😎

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Two inch Rox? Let me know if you want to sell them?

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
I would take another look at your cable routes. I have the parking brake on my trike and also have 2" Rox risers installed and I didn't have to replace anything.
😎
Agreed. I have the Rox risers also. Cables will be fairly tight, but it's doable.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Roxy's here, no extensions, but you do have to do some rerouting. Posted a pick of it in on an old thread.

·
Registered
288 Posts
😎
Hi Bob, I have a question about the cables on the CTX (I'm thinking of adding a 2" Rox to bring the handlebars back)...do you move the cables under the handlebar ....if so is it difficult to loosen them underneath? Thanks in advance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts