CTX 700 Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I have tried about 4 or 5 exhausts so far. This is the one I like the most at this point. Loud enough to hear what gear you are in, and those around you know you are there.. but not obnoxiously loud.

I also tried the "Radiant" sold on Amazon and Ebay, but that little tip stuck on the end of the pipe looks terrible IMHO. Plus it's a little too loud for my tastes.

This Mid-Pipe: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H4PNXWC?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Favorite muffler so far...

[/URL][/URL][/URL]

View attachment 89630

Tried Delkevic (below - Nice rumble. Still considering on that one)

View attachment 89631

Tried this one. (below) Looked BAD ASS! But WAYYYY to loud. Geeze. Really obnoxious. Too bad.

Tried this one (below). Cheap, about $25 on Amazon. A little loud. Ok really fing loud lol. But looked a little anemic. Not too bad with the mid-pipe I have though.

I am trying these next two this weekend:

This one, delivered today, will not use the mid-pipe. You have to order two, but if it works like I hope, I can always sell the other one.

This one also will not use the mid-pipe. About $50 from Amazon. It will be loud because it has only very small baffles, but puts the sound a bit further behind you, so may be acceptable...

I have tried about 4 or 5 exhausts so far. This is the one I like the most at this point. Loud enough to hear what gear you are in, and those around you know you are there.. but not obnoxiously loud.

I also tried the "Radiant" sold on Amazon and Ebay, but that little tip stuck on the end of the pipe looks terrible IMHO. Plus it's a little too loud for my tastes.

This Mid-Pipe: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H4PNXWC?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Favorite muffler so far...

View attachment 89630

Tried Delkevic (below - Nice rumble. Still considering on that one)

View attachment 89631

Tried this one. (below) Looked BAD ASS! But WAYYYY to loud. Geeze. Really obnoxious. Too bad.

Tried this one (below). Cheap, about $25 on Amazon. A little loud. Ok really fing loud lol. But looked a little anemic. Not too bad with the mid-pipe I have though.

I am trying these next two this weekend:

This one, delivered today, will not use the mid-pipe. You have to order two, but if it works like I hope, I can always sell the other one.

This one also will not use the mid-pipe. About $50 from Amazon. It will be loud because it has only very small baffles, but puts the sound a bit further behind you, so may be acceptable...

Thanks for the insights. Very helpful! Your comparison with the Radiant shorty gives me a good baseline. Let me know how you like the one-of-twin pack. Also, do you have a link to the Delkevic?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks for the insights. Very helpful! Your comparison with the Radiant shorty gives me a good baseline. Let me know how you like the one-of-twin pack. Also, do you have a link to the Delkevic?
I already gave my thoughts on the "one-of-twin pack" on the post previous to yours. Too big really. A determined person could make it work, and it puts the noise well behind you, and it actually sounds great, a really throaty growl (I removed all the packing which gets blown out anyway).

But it would need a custom mounting solution. You need shims to match it with the CTX pipe, and you would need a heavy duty hanger to support the back end. The mount points on the muffler itself are too far back to be useful. There is no included hardware so good clamps are required. It would benefit from a short mid-pipe to square it up with the CTX. It comes out a little too far at the back for my tastes. Standard 51mm mid pipes will not work with this.

As far as the Delkevic, any one of these (except the last two, cafe racer and megaphone) will slip on with the mid-pipe I showed above. I got the SL10 14" (removed db killer) and the sound is a pleasant, low rumble. YMMV.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts