CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys..I know a lot of people ask about performance upgrades and there are basically none for the ctx700. I just installed Koffmans shorty exhaust and sounds great. It has removable baffling so you can adjust to your sound level. So am I the only one that has the illusion of being fast after changing exhaust. Love to hear your thoughts.

·
Registered
2017 Honda CTX700D
338 Posts
I am with you on this one, for a person that is used to riding scooters the upgrade to the Radiant Shorty exhaust on my CTX really made a huge difference, only then did I feel that I was riding a motorcycle and not a scooter. I also used to miss my Harley with screaming eagle pipes, not anymore!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hi guys..I know a lot of people ask about performance upgrades and there are basically none for the ctx700. I just installed Koffmans shorty exhaust and sounds great. It has removable baffling so you can adjust to your sound level. So am I the only one that has the illusion of being fast after changing exhaust. Love to hear your thoughts.
Hi,I've tested performance and gas mileage,before and after I change the muffler from the stock one.It didn't make any differance.But it sure sounds alot better! jasperj

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi,I've tested performance and gas mileage,before and after I change the muffler from the stock one.It didn't make any differance.But it sure sounds alot better! jasperj
My gas mileage will probably go down because I find myself stretching the gears out further 🙃
My gas mileage will probably go down because I find myself stretching the gears out further 🙃

·
Registered
50 Posts
I would love to hear that sound to see the difference from the stock. Anyway you could share a small video, just for the sound? Thank you!

·
Registered
2017 Honda CTX700D
338 Posts
This is a Youtube video before and after the installation of the Shorty. You can appreciate the sound of both, the OEM and the Shorty.

·
Super Moderator
933 Posts
I have a black Radiant shorty that I will ship to lower 48 for $50 if anyone wants to save some bucks. I prefer the smooth sounds of the factory muffler :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts