1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
6 Posts
I went on ebay because Ive been considering exhausts for the CTX and while I know of 3 other types of exhausts I was wondering if anyone tried this:

1. For Honda CTX700 CTX800 Exhaust Pipe Motorcycle Middle Tube 51mm Mufflers 370mm | eBay

2. Motorcycle Exhaust System Muffler Escape Middle Link Pipe for Honda CTX700 800 | eBay

other exhausts Ive seen are:

1. Radiant Exhaust

2. Coffman Exhaust

3. GP Racings Oval exhaust slipon ($500 bucks)

Any others?
I purchased the Honda CTX 700 Exhaust pipe and the S pipe off of eBay and installed on my CTX 700. I notice it made my bike have a better sound and let the engine breath better. The motor will rev up quicker with the new exhaust and pipe on it. I have not had a chance to ride the bike with it on the bike yet. I am very please with the way the bike sounds.

Ronnie

·
Registered
5 Posts
I went on ebay because Ive been considering exhausts for the CTX and while I know of 3 other types of exhausts I was wondering if anyone tried this:

1. For Honda CTX700 CTX800 Exhaust Pipe Motorcycle Middle Tube 51mm Mufflers 370mm | eBay

2. Motorcycle Exhaust System Muffler Escape Middle Link Pipe for Honda CTX700 800 | eBay

other exhausts Ive seen are:

1. Radiant Exhaust

2. Coffman Exhaust

3. GP Racings Oval exhaust slipon ($500 bucks)

Any others?
I just installed the new S pipe and an aftermarket muffler. Not to loud, but I'm still looking for a better looking muffler. Wanted a smaller muffler but the average ones look dinky. With the s-pipe you need a 51mm inlet muffler. The s-pipe is $40 on Ebay.. A good start.

·
Registered
2016 CTX700N
3 Posts
Reactions: Antlers129

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry, I’m late to the party. I decided to go with a universal Emgo side cut muffler off Amazon.

Emgo Turn-out Style Universal Muffler 80-62620 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000GVGJA8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_.0s7FbGTMYN4M?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I later wrapped it to more closely replicate the stock muffler.
View attachment 87515 View attachment 87516
What does it sound like? I ended up using an EBAY exhaust and its louder than my stock and the bike is lighter and the acceleration seems a bit faster but its still a little quiet and it looks kind of dinky in terms of sizing.

·
Registered
2016 CTX700N
3 Posts
I’ve ended up very satisfied both with look and sound. It’s definitely a “wake the neighbors” kind of loud. Cant say there is any appreciable difference in performance, but it sure sounds faster. I have a video of the sound up via my Instagram.
http://instagr.am/p/CMQwlRYHH1a/

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I’ve ended up very satisfied both with look and sound. It’s definitely a “wake the neighbors” kind of loud. Cant say there is any appreciable difference in performance, but it sure sounds faster. I have a video of the sound up via my Instagram.
http://instagr.am/p/CMQwlRYHH1a/
I also ended up trying this exhaust and its very loud... maybe too loud, lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts