CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this model is now coming in at dealer locations, but I've yet to find anyone report that they've taken delivery of one.

If anyone has, we want to read about your impressions and experiences.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Good idea of creating this thread, I'd also like to know if anyone owns a CTX700N.

I want to know how much your deposit was for the bike, along with the out the door price and location of your dealership. just to get an idea of prices per region.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just got my CTX700N DCT Saturday (May 25). Have about 120 miles on it. I had a chance to see it at Daytona during Bike Week and already knew it was comfortable for me. At first, didn't want the auto, but wanted the ABS so went with it. Takes a little getting used to, but love the torque and ease of riding. Without the DCT, I think you'd be doing a lot of shifting. My wife rode it also and says if I am not happy, it will be hers.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got my CTX700N DCT Saturday (May 25). Have about 120 miles on it. I had a chance to see it at Daytona during Bike Week and already knew it was comfortable for me. At first, didn't want the auto, but wanted the ABS so went with it. Takes a little getting used to, but love the torque and ease of riding. Without the DCT, I think you'd be doing a lot of shifting. My wife rode it also and says if I am not happy, it will be hers.
Thanks for the reply. Please keep us updated as to your thoughts and perceptions of this bike as you get more experience on it.

I understand the reason why everyone is saying this bike works better with the DCT. I used to read this all the time with respect to my diesel-powered car, which is a manual. Almost everyone suggests the automatic in my torquey diesel, because it starts losing torque at only 2400 RPM and there is hardly ever any reason to upshift beyond about 2800 and with all that low-end torque, it gets there very quickly, but what I've found with my driving style and where I drive (mostly highway) is that it works out really well, but I can see if someone were doing a lot of urban riding where all this quick shifting would get tiresome. The advantage for me, is that I'll be in 6th gear most of the time (DCT or not) and I can save $1K and maybe a couple of mpg with the manual.

·
Registered
58 Posts
If I were going to be touring on the highway, I might have gone with the manual also. Most of my riding will be around town and commuting to work. I do wish the ABS option were available on all models (and shaft drive would have been nice - but cost more/less efficient).

Went for a 35 mile ride this morning, opened her up a little more. Plenty of power for me and I'm starting to get used to the DCT.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I signed the papers on my CTX700N yesterday afternoon, but won't be able to pick it up until Tuesday. Why, oh why must my dealer be closed on Sundays and Mondays?!?

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
I signed the papers on my CTX700N yesterday afternoon, but won't be able to pick it up until Tuesday. Why, oh why must my dealer be closed on Sundays and Mondays?!?
Patience , Grasshopper.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I put my deposit down last weekend on the D model. I was a little unsure I wanted the automatic, I trust my own skills when it comes to shifting and did not want to give that up to let a computer make my shifting decisions for me. I have never used a paddle shift, however I believe this is a part of my never ending education when it comes to riding. I think the auto will be great when it comes to traffic.

Yesterday I ordered the saddlebags. They will be here before the bike. So I have to play the waiting game.

I leave for a two week trip on the 21st heading to Alabama and then The Lodge at Copperhead in the North Georgia Mountains, a motorcycle gathering place. From there to Tennessee for a quick visit and then where the wind blows us. Not confident the bike will be here before we leave so we'll have to plan another little trip when the CTX gets here. Thinking an Iron Butt may be in order...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts