CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Premium Member
This is why I keep asking for the forum software to once again show our locations under our User ID/Avatar in the lefthand column! Registered and/or Premium Member is useless information!! 馃が

Registered
Location can show up if you hover over the avatar, but I agree, it is easier if it shows up instead of just the flag. By the way, several new members have joined and I haven't seen anyone post instructions for updating profile to show location (even though it doesn't show up all the time).

Premium Member
Location can show up if you hover over the avatar, but I agree, it is easier if it shows up instead of just the flag. By the way, several new members have joined and I haven't seen anyone post instructions for updating profile to show location (even though it doesn't show up all the time).
I'm the one that has done that the most and I decided that it wasn't worth very much until they bother to fix where it displays.

Premium Member
Okay, for all the noobs, here you go with said instructions:

Welcome to our world! Let me share my recently edited, nag at CTX Forum noobs who are still "un-located." To increase our enjoyment of your future posts, you should put your location (usually city/state) in your profile.

Knowing where you are in general terms, helps readers of your future posts to have a "context" to draw on. Since you are new to this forum and likely its software (the website "mechanics" all are different!), here's how to edit your Profile for your location:

1) Click on the 3 vertical "settings" dots (they are in the far right of the forum banner at the top).
2) Highlight the "FAQ" entry & click.
3) Roll down to the 11th question, "Setting Your Location" and press <Enter>.
4) Read & follow the excellent instructions.

Note, since most smart phones are not smart enough to allow you to perform the above steps with their truncated screens, you'll likely have to do it using your PC.

Finally let me point out that until the Forum owner bothers to put "Location" back on the screen where we can see it (it used to be under the User's ID in the far left panel), you'll have to float your cursor above the User Avatar icon to force their ID header where Location has been buried. I've asked them to replace the User's member status & country flag with their Location & flag. It is only a couple of minutes time for even a newbie programmer to fix.
馃槑

1 - 9 of 9 Posts