CTX 700 Forum banner

ditched the Radian tip-back to stock exhaust

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Jaxon 
#1 ·
So I tossed the little Radian tip the bike came to me with, and refitted an original factory pipe, thanks to member j-bone selling me his. Now my ears dont ring after a 1 hr ride.
Its not bad, pretty quiet, and has a little decel rumble. I like it.
Super fun bike to blast around town on, after wrestling with heavy cruisers and touring bikes for years, that were a lot of work just to get out of the garage!
My enthusiasm may not last, as I tend to want new toys after a couple years, but right now its all fun :cool:
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

See less See more
#2 ·
I have the stock muffler same as you, but the chrome just didn't match with the nice matte black of the rest of the bike. I removed it, sanded it with fine sandpaper (anything 240 to 320 will work) and then rattle canned it with three coats of high heat black paint (like VHT). Still looks good 2 yrs later. Others here on the forum have done it too.

#3 ·
I thought about that, but figured theres enough black on it already...just wish it were a bit more stylish. I'd like one of those German exhausts, cant think of the name, but they are same form factor, just better looking and awesome rumbly sound, but like $400
The Radian tip I took off was just too loud, already have a bit of tinnitus in one ear from too many rock shows :(

#4 ·
I have the Bodis. It is mostly black, has a a slight non objectionable rumble. Only slightly louder than the stock. It has been on my bike for at least 5 years and hasn't noticeably increased in volume like some glass packed mufflers do.

#5 ·
I wear earplugs every time I ride so a quiet muffler is fine by me. Also, no more blipping the throttle anymore because I have a DCT. 66 years old with no craving to wrestle a 700-800 motorcycle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.