CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
I wonder if Chinese quality will become reflected in these brands?
They do not own a piece of Harley. They are developing a bike together which will be built in China. This is the bike I feel Harley should get into USA asap in order to get entry level riders.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They do not own a piece of Harley. They are developing a bike together which will be built in China. This is the bike I feel Harley should get into USA asap in order to get entry level riders.
Sorry perhaps they do not have a piece of Harley but working with them would be a better word. but Chinese influence, Chinese Rivets? Harley Standards?

·
Premium Member
1,506 Posts
Sorry perhaps they do not have a piece of Harley but working with them would be a better word. but Chinese influence, Chinese Rivets? Harley Standards?
Harley standards? Aside from the paint, what would that be? How many parts on a current H-D come from Asia?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yes, I had a BMW650 single cylinder that was built in China supposedly to BMW standards. The bike ran good for 4 years and about 24k miles, then I started to have electrical problems. I must say however, that it was my favorite all time bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts