CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the CTX700E (White, fairing,6 speed standard) the other day and was wondering if I got a good deal.

Msrp was $7799. The dealership took 1000 off the price. Bringing it to $6799. Tax tag and title was about 800. And the gap insurance( $499) and extra 2 years of warranty ($499 originally $680)was $1000. And financed for 3.9% for 60 months through Honda. Oh and no money down.

To top it off they threw in two full face helmets and delivered bike to my doorstep since I had my car with me.

Did I do good?

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
I'd say so. Dealers make money on GAP insurance and extended warranties so are usually inclined to deal on MSRP. The area of the country will also have some effect as well. As long as your happy with the bike and the price fits your budget, forget the price and just enjoy!

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
If you feel like you did then you did. The CTX sells differently in each state and at each dealer. Some will discount some do not. I paid list but dealer went easy on the fees. Take care of it and ride it many years and the cost will be irrelevant.

also the buying rule is, when you buy anything, you see it cheaper within a month.

Reactions: 1thriftychick

·
Registered
300 Posts
Bike prices are on a normal distribution, if you keep looking after the purchase you will likely find prices both up and down from what you paid. When I buy anything, i try to avoid price checking thereafter. It always ticks me off sooner or later. Better to spend that time before the buy on the next acquisition instead.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts