CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how intrusive the software is on the DCT. I know his is not a sport bike but if you are running it through the gears and it nears he rev limiter will it automatically shift or hit the rev limiter like a manual would? Same thing going down. If it doesn't like the gear you are in will it shift down for you?

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
on my Naked manual trans CTX I was riding this weekend going down hill into many S curves marked 25mph and I was doing maybe 35-45 I noticed a couple of times I downshifted probably into 3rd to get better control and let the bike slow me down but then I would accelerate out and bump up against the rev limiter and the motor would sputter. I just got to learn how to work in a lower rpm range in the twisties.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
on my Naked manual trans CTX I was riding this weekend going down hill into many S curves marked 25mph and I was doing maybe 35-45 I noticed a couple of times I downshifted probably into 3rd to get better control and let the bike slow me down but then I would accelerate out and bump up against the rev limiter and the motor would sputter. I just got to learn how to work in a lower rpm range in the twisties.
That's what I was hoping for. I should have been more specific and said in manual mode.

·
Registered
90 Posts
In manual mode, it will not up shift at red line. It will just sit there bouncing off of the rev limiter.

If a down shift will put the engine above redline, it will not down shift.

The software could not be any better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts