CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Honda CTX700 DCT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've noticed the links on older discussions here were no longer offering the foot shifter for the DCT model. I have a 2017 DCT and I'm trying to see if anyone knows where I can order one? Thank you!

·
Registered
2017 Honda CTX700 DCT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Just out of curiosity, why do you want this?

Steve
Well sheesh did they jack up that price over the years. Thanks for sharing!

And my reasons are pretty simple I think. I've been out of riding for a very very long time. I've been getting pretty comfortable riding my 🏍 now and I would like to work my way up to getting back in the groove of manual shifting etc. I know it's still not quite the same without having to work a clutch as well, but this will still allow me continued growth I my relearning to ride bikes again. I don't want to be limited to DCT and automatic cycles and not be comfortable and efficient with manual riding. I get that this is a backwards process from what is typically recommended, but this is my process. 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
2017 Honda CTX700 DCT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
399 Posts
I was going by what was on a thread I found but you are right and item # 08U70-MJP-G80 looks like it is for the Africa Twin also. Might want to try contacting Honda to see which part number is the one for the CTX700. Metazip seems to have 5 different ones so maybe one of them is the right one. I just noticed that the Honda box says "DCT pedal shift" but the Honda PowerSports web site calls it a "DCT foot shifter". Nice.

For that kind of money maybe you should just go to a local place and take the MSF Basic Rider course.

Good luck.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Wait wait wait .. so this allows my to work the shifter buttons from the left control with my foot?!? That is actually kind of super cool, as a newish rider who went automatic out of the box I kinda want that. Would be nice to train my brain to foot shift if I ever went to a manual. But $400 bucks is a bit nutso.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts