CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am thinking about a windshield for my CTX700N.
I dont like the look of the mounting hardware for the MadStad windshield.

Does anyone have any experience with?

MRA V-Flow X-Creen Sport Universal Windshield
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/mra-v-flow-x-creen-sport-universal-windshield

or with

MRA VarioScreen Universal Windshield
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/mra-varioscreen-universal-windshield

Can't get a good picture about how this mounts to bike.
I see the handlebar clamps but can't see how the lower edge is fastened to bike or if it is.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Am thinking about a windshield for my CTX700N.
I dont like the look of the mounting hardware for the MadStad windshield.

Does anyone have any experience with?

MRA V-Flow X-Creen Sport Universal Windshield
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/mra-v-flow-x-creen-sport-universal-windshield

or with

MRA VarioScreen Universal Windshield
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/mra-varioscreen-universal-windshield

Can't get a good picture about how this mounts to bike.
I see the handlebar clamps but can't see how the lower edge is fastened to bike or if it is.
To answer your question about the lower edge.
By the picture I would be certain that it only mounts using the handlebar clamps.
There is no lower edge attachment.

As a side note in case you missed it...the mount kit is sold separately and does not come with this windshield.

Doug

·
Registered
211 Posts
The link to the first windshield should be the correct one for the CTX, that one is for a square headlight. That may be a great shield for your bike, I really like the adjustable part. If you try this please let us know how it is, send pictures also.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Richh
I was thinking I needed a larger wind shield
how does one this size work?
does it deflect a noticeable amount of wind?

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Richh
I was thinking I needed a larger wind shield
how does one this size work?
does it deflect a noticeable amount of wind?
When I first purchased my ctx700n, it came with a madstab clear screen. At first, I was happy with the madstab but found over time that the micro scratches in the screen would cause lights on the road at night to reflect into my eyes. Since switching to the MRA, I found that it would be fine for 50 MPH or less, but anything more I would be fighting the wind.

Now, to solve this, I found that changing my seat had a BIG impact to reducing the wind noise. First, I went with a used Corbin seat and recently added a backrest. Those two options allowed me to sit in a more comfortable riding position and also gave me more structure. going over 50 mph, I do not experience much wind noise and my ride is more enjoyable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought the Madstad windshield, lower leg deflectors and kickstand pad, Very impressed. Love the fit. I am 6' and was recommended to get the 20" shield... In the end I am exchanging it for the 22". With the windshield adjusted to the highest position i still get a lot of helmet wind buffeting.

https://madstad.com/collections/honda/products/honda-ctx700n

is the link... very solid shield well worth it.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I bought the Madstad windshield, lower leg deflectors and kickstand pad, Very impressed. Love the fit. I am 6' and was recommended to get the 20" shield... In the end I am exchanging it for the 22". With the windshield adjusted to the highest position i still get a lot of helmet wind buffeting.

https://madstad.com/collections/honda/products/honda-ctx700n

is the link... very solid shield well worth it.
Most of the recommendations are for all the way down and all the way back for best performance of the madstad. Have you tried that position?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have the naked 2018 model. The dealer tells me there is an OEM windshield for it. Does anyone use the Honda OEM windshield? I see this Honda part number, 08r70-mjf-a30-kit-high-windscreen, but no discussion of it anywhere I google.

And yeah, that's a clue...

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
I have the naked 2018 model. The dealer tells me there is an OEM windshield for it. Does anyone use the Honda OEM windshield? I see this Honda part number, 08r70-mjf-a30-kit-high-windscreen, but no discussion of it anywhere I google.

Amazon lists that part number as the high windscreen for the faired model, not the Naked:

HONDA TALL WINDSCREEN 2014 CTX700 CTX700D 2014 08R70-MJF-A30 ( these models are faired with manual and DCT )

You might ask your dealer to order one for the N version so you can look at it. All info we have seen is there is no OEM screen for the CTX700N.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
I have the MRA CTX700N specific model and it works really well especially considering its size. The mounting solution is great uses two replacement bolts on the handle bar holder with a sleeve so the brackets do not even contact the bike at all just the bolt sleeve.

The wind protection is great from a small screen. If there are any questions on this model just let me know.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/mra-touringscreen-windshield-honda-ctx700n-2014-2016

·
Registered
119 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks, Professor*76 and TNCTX700N. I downloaded the instructions for that Honda part number and the illustrations look like the faired (? fairinged, has fairings??) model. I'm thinking a Honda part doesn't exist for the naked model.

I really like the look (and the price point) of the MRA, but I am concerned that when I get up to 65 it's not tall enough and will slap me about the head and shoulders. People seem to love their Madstad's, but those are almost double the price for a tall one. Also, I found MRAs website and asked them to confirm that their screen will fit my 2018.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I had a MRA on my V-Strom (made just for the V-Strom) it worked great.
Everybody loves their MadStrad & soon gets pass their "look."
Windshields, tires, oils; ask 20 people get 20 different answers.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Thanks, Professor*76 and TNCTX700N. I downloaded the instructions for that Honda part number and the illustrations look like the faired (? fairinged, has fairings??) model. I'm thinking a Honda part doesn't exist for the naked model.

I really like the look (and the price point) of the MRA, but I am concerned that when I get up to 65 it's not tall enough and will slap me about the head and shoulders. People seem to love their Madstad's, but those are almost double the price for a tall one. Also, I found MRAs website and asked them to confirm that their screen will fit my 2018.
How tall are you, I'm 5'11" with at 32" inseam at highway speeds there is minor buffeting at the head area for me but very minor completely tolerable, the shield creates a pocket of clean air and pushes the wind up and over my shoulders. Frankly when it's hot out the shield deflects too much wind IMO but everything is a compromise. I think the shield would work very well for you if you are my height or shorter. Much taller I really don't know a few inches shorter I think you'd be in a very clean air pocket. It does a lot considering it's size and aesthetic, there is no way it will provide the same protection as the big screens but you have to take it on balance.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
I just installed a windscreen from Puig. Very easy to install. I watched a YouTube video that helped with the bolt placement and snap plugs.
Nice job, but the OP is interested in windscreens for the Naked CTX.;)

·
Premium Member
156 Posts

https://cdn.powersports.honda.com/documentum/MW01/08R70-MJF-A30.pdf

That unit is for the fared model only. Here are the installation instructions for the wind screen directly from Honda's website. The shield is listed as an accessory for the CTX700N but that is clearly an error. There is no Honda shield for the N. The only option is to go with a universal screen, or one of the few made just for the N variant.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts