CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made the commitment with my dealer this morning to trade the CTX700 for a CTX1300 Deluxe.

We didn't have enough information to come to a consensus on the trade-in value of the 700. KBB does not list 2014 bikes.

The bike has bags, luggage rack, and a Cee Bailey windshield.

What do y'all think it's worth? It will have around 3500 miles on the odo at the time of the trade.

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
Unfortunately accessories make for a great selling point for the dealer but owners always take a bath at trade-in on them. Don't expect to recoup your investment in them. I would do some research to see what used CTX's are going for in your area and start from there. Knowing what new CTX's are selling for would help as well since your always going to face the issue of new vs. used pricing. A financing company will have a fairly accurate price on what they will finance on your CTX. You might want to contact them if you have one.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey Tsmith, I'm sure you recognize me from the 1300 board, I am 50/50 on a purchase of a 1300, not sure I want to keep just 1 bike for the price of that 1300, I could keep all 3 of my bikes and add a CTX700, is yours a DCT? I live in AZ but will be at my NC home near Greensboro NC on April 22 thru 29. I may be interested in buying that from you but I won't have any help to p/u or meet you 1/2 way. I have a daughter and son in law there but they will be on a cruise that week. If you can get it to me I may be interested, of course I would pay your expense if the price is right and we can both benefit from this. My NC700DCT is in NC and I think that is all I will have to travel with that week. I wouldn't mind keeping my NC, CB1100 and an NC700 and wait for the prices to drop on the CTX1300 or even finding a used one in a year. I been trying to sell my BMW in AZ for 2 months with no action at all. I checked, it is 700 miles round trip from Corbin to Greensboro. I figger $100 in fuel and $100 for a room, I'd put you up but only have one bed there at this time, and I ain't goin there... We will be moving there permanently by next Nov. Let me know if we can do something.

·
Banned
463 Posts
Soggybottom,
What year and how many miles on your R1200ST?
What are you asking?
Where in AZ are you?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's the faired model with the DCT and ABS. CTX700D

CTX700 - TennesseeSmith's Photos

I have the Cee Bailey shield and the original Honda shorty. I don't have the tall Honda shield anymore.

I intend to move the GPS unit and the beads to the new CTX1300.

If I sell the 700, I need to have the deal done before the new 1300 is available. Otherwise, I'd have to borrow money to buy the new bike. There is a guy interested at work. If he doesn't want it, we may be able to work something out.

·
Registered
975 Posts
We just hired a guy where I work near the KY border in Celina, TN that absolutely loves my CTX who would love to own one, but I'm not sure if he is financially capable at this point. He is living in Monticello, KY right now and commuting 1 hr each day down to TN in a POS Ford Aspire that is just barely running. He already owns a 2008 Sportster, but it's back home in IN. His first week on the job he was driving a older-model Passat TDI diesel that gets nearly 50 mpg but the turbo is out in that car. He found out that it wouldn't pull the hills of TN and KY at highway speeds without the turbo even though he had little trouble in Indianapolis without it. So he made a trip back up to IN on the weekend and swapped out for his other car.

My guess is that he'd be more interested in a stripped down version like a standard shift N model w/o all the accessories and auto tranny in a used CTX, but I'll ask him just in case he might be able to and want to buy one at this time loaded up like yours.

I'll contact you with a PM if he's interested.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was in Celina over the Thanksgiving weekend on my Trophy. There are a lot of great roads in the area.

I was a bit disappointed to see that Tennessee continues to "improve" great motorcycling roads until they are only fit for big rigs. The work they've been doing on TN52 in your area is a bit sad. Kentucky has done the same thing to some of the roads that used to be great here.

My 2012 GL1800 was killed by a deer just south of Celina on TN85 between Hilham and Gainesboro. The deer seem to enjoy the same scenic routes I prefer.

The CTX with DCT would be a good choice for riding the obvious 90 to 61 to 53 route from Monticello to Celina. In the summer he could take a more interesting route and have some fun with the bike. He'd be buying gas every day. The worrisome part of a commute like that is that he would be riding in the dark both morning and evening in the winter.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The sales price on my 700CTX/D was $7,800 plus $200 for the Bailey windscreen. I'd think your bags and rack should offset the miles. Since you're buying another bike from him, seems you should get at least $8k.

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
Just for comparison, my dealer has a 2013 F6 demo with 4400 miles listed for $15995.00. Lots of goodies to go with it. That's $4000.00 off. Brand new 2014 CTX700 DCT is advertised for $8785.00. This price is standard list throughout Texas at all dealers. I didn't pay any where near this. CTX700 N model DCT is listed at $7995.00 and standard versions listed for $6995.00. All the prices listed are before any negotiation. There doesn't seem to be any used CTX700 DCT's or N DCT's anywhere in Texas that I can find for comparison. I think $8000.00 is just wishful thinking for a trade in. Better to sell to an individual. The CTX1300 Deluxe is listing out at $17,495.00 before negotiation. The standard version is listing out at $15,995.00.

·
Registered
115 Posts
i got $5200 in trade-in for a fully farkled ctx700 dct, which is $200 more than the seller's "blue book" (different from kbb, i think). you're gonna take quite a hit on this bike unless you're a better haggler than i!

·
Registered
975 Posts
I was in Celina over the Thanksgiving weekend on my Trophy. There are a lot of great roads in the area.

I was a bit disappointed to see that Tennessee continues to "improve" great motorcycling roads until they are only fit for big rigs. The work they've been doing on TN52 in your area is a bit sad. Kentucky has done the same thing to some of the roads that used to be great here.
But for commuting, this highway re routing project of highway 52 has greatly shortened the ride, made it a more direct route, and has made it much safer for cagers, bikers, and truck drivers alike. The new stretch also eliminates a bottle neck caused by the severity of the grade and curvyness of the old highway in combination with truck traffic.

On the downside, this project cost $93 million for 6.9 miles of new road for a county with a population of less than 8 million. The builders had to cut through many hills to build it. The people of Clay County should feel pretty good about themselves. I'm sure they didn't know they were worth so much.

I told Dan about your bike. He likes the bike, but I don't think he can buy one at this time. He's looking to find a place to rent in Celina and then maybe he's going to look at selling some old vehicles and get a bike a little later on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts