CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know that if the ctx700 with the fairing will come speakers? I seen a couple pictures of the fairing model and I've seen up underneath the glass that looks like it has speakers?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Care to share those pictures to see what you are talking about.

In any case, I don't think speakers on motorcycles is a very practical thing. You won't be able to hear much especially at high speeds. If your planning to listen to music, you can always use earplugs or get a helmet with speakers but I would still recommend against it. It's much safer to keep your eyes and ears on the road.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Does anybody know that if the ctx700 with the fairing will come speakers? I seen a couple pictures of the fairing model and I've seen up underneath the glass that looks like it has speakers?
I noticed those speaker like grills too.

I have seen the brochure for the CTX700 and it was not mentioned to have a stereo system or with speakers listed. I doubt those are speakers. That area is too small to accommodate anything like that unless and plus the instrument panel would have to be the main source of control. And for media they would have to be using USB. Actually that is not a bad idea. But with the coverage area might drone out the sounds though.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I think those grills are just there on the CTX700 for better ventilation or maybe even faux vents just for looks and to fill up that area. I can see later someone actually installing speakers and using that specific area on the CTX700. That Would be a good diy.

·
Registered
124 Posts
yes it has speakers there called Sony walkman they go in your ears before your helmet goes on, much better sound quality too

·
Registered
9 Posts
yes it has speakers there called Sony walkman they go in your ears before your helmet goes on, much better sound quality too
Good one! I actually have tried that before except they would fall out of my ear and I would not be able to fix it till the next stop so I gave up on that Idea.

·
Registered
46 Posts
You might want to try more ergonomic ear buds I have no issues with them falling out of the helmet but make sure you get the ones with a volume and pause control. Sometimes certain songs are freakin loud and you don't want it to take you by surprise.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm surprised a lot of you guys want to have something obstructing your ears when riding. Being able to hear everything around you is important especially when riding a motorcycle.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I would recommend not installing speakers. Look at the logic in this for a second.

First, the noise level inside your helmet is already at a level that will cause hearing loss.

Okay...now how can you hear the speakers while riding??? Ahh...turn up the volume to be louder than the other noise... It's a recipe for losing your hearing.

I use an FM radio/MP3 player with noise isolating earbuds. The earbuds act as earplugs to block out some...not all...of the outside noise. I set the FM radio to a volume that's comfortable to listen to inside my home, and that lets me hear when someone is coming up on me from behind, but also allows me to hear traffic reports on the radio.

TWIN, you need something in your ears to block some of the noise level of the traffic around you. Earplugs are the approved and legal method. If you don't use something like them, you'll lose your hearing and not be able to hear anything. Earplugs don't stop you from hearing things, they just lower the volume level by about 30 decibels.

Chris

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Yeah the sound level while riding can do permanent damage to your hearing. It happened to my brother. I am getting IPlugz this summer. Custom earplugs with earbuds molded in them. It will attenuate the sound not block totally. There are several good articles out in the cyber world on it. I use the foam ear plugs right now and can hear well enough. I use them for longer rides. I am not as fatigued after.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I don't seethe earbuds I bought, but these look similar. http://www.amazon.com/JVC-HAFX1X-Headphone-Xtreme-Xplosivs/dp/B004M8SAJ4/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1368767809&sr=1-2&keywords=earbuds+jvc

The JVC earbuds I have cost about the same and do a great job...and are not expensive. They also do something others don't necessarily do...they isolate the noise transfer you get if the cord is touched.

This is a personal thing, but I am not convinced pricier alternatives are better.

Chris

·
Registered
124 Posts
The wind noise sound level can be very loud while riding even on a fully faired bike, but a naked bike is even worse.

I used to use earplugs, all the time and sometimes still do.

Another Big help, to reduce wind noise is to use a Madstad wind shield, as it smooths out wind noise and smooths the air stream behind it, it provides Clean smooth air, better than any other windshield i have tried, as they are deigned different.

I have a new sony walkman, they re very compact, with the right head set they sound great and get rid of most of that wind noise

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can tell you they don't come with speakers. I've removed that panel and there's a cover screwed in under the grills. Looks almost looks like it could handle speakers - but they'd be fairly small.

I agree that ear-buds are not a good idea - since you won't be able to hear anything. But having a bit of sound from the speakers would be nice for a slower quiet ride and would be safer than ear-buds.

·
Registered
194 Posts
There's no speakers there. However, if you remove those panels, underneath them are trays molded to fit cylinder/oblong shaped speakers in them. My thought is Honda may have been in the works for speakers, but they never actually put them into production at least for the US, but maybe in some other countries?!?!?! The CTX1300 deluxe has them. I use a bilt sena techno 2.0 helmet that I listen to music or talk to my wife with.

Attachments

Reactions: Tonydtiger1971
1 - 19 of 19 Posts