CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Please don't bash me over the head for posting what is likely the 4922nd thread about tire pressure. Please take mercy on me. I cant seem to find the older threads. Im not that computer forum savvy.

I have a 2018 CTX700. Stock tires. What do people set their COLD pressure to for front and rear?

right now they are cold, reading 33 front 38 rear. as we know, they warm up and that number bumps up. The recommended setting for cold are higher i do believe.

What do most people run them at COLD? thanks for any responses! I am a motorcycle noob. only 1 year in.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hello all. Please don't bash me over the head for posting what is likely the 4922nd thread about tire pressure. Please take mercy on me. I cant seem to find the older threads. Im not that computer forum savvy.

I have a 2018 CTX700. Stock tires. What do people set their COLD pressure to for front and rear?

right now they are cold, reading 33 front 38 rear. as we know, they warm up and that number bumps up. The recommended setting for cold are higher i do believe.

What do most people run them at COLD? thanks for any responses! I am a motorcycle noob. only 1 year in.
The owner's manual says 36 for both tires, unless you're carrying either over 200 lbs of added weight or a passenger. Then it's 42 lbs for the rear tire. I'm assuming if you've added lots of accessories (highway bars, hot tub, missile launchers, etc.) then use the higher pressure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts