CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Thanks bro! I ordered it IMMEDIATELY! :)

Now that's a great example of why forums are so vital for customers to gather together and support each other and a product line!

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
I looked at the link. It is a paper copy of the manual I bought from Honda. I can tell this by the hole punches are not all the way through, some kind of binding on the spine mine does not have and a white border around the top front and bottom of the front page that mine does not have.

The price is good but I wonder how they can get away with making a copy as the Honda Manual is copyrighted 2013.

I know most people invest in one if doing any work on their bikes themselves. I typically buy one for all my bikes and they usually go with it if I sell it.

·
Registered
433 Posts
WTF...no credit card option?? Guess I wait.

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is a paper copy but the quality is excellent and is bound by a plastic through binder. It is a cheaper alternative but well worth the money. No difference in quality than any other service manual I have ordered over the years. I'm not a fan of PayPal either but you can use a credit card to pay when you use them. Just have to set up an account first. Had to use them when I ordered the center stand and its a must if you use EBay.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
I went to the site and can't seem to find a name or address for a business on the site. Their return policy does not mention a name or an address. Looks like some sort of web page and not really a business. I could be wrong but usually you find contact information somewhere there. What did I miss?

Just throwing out some caution. I know the Honda manual is Copyrighted.

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I ordered the manual after bcareful ordered his manual and posted a link to sell.com under CTX700 service manual thread. The link I included in my post was sent to me from the seller by email for direct sales on any future orders. Sell.com is another EBay type on line web site that merchandisers use to sell products. Like EBay, there's no guarantee of anything sold on the site and its basically buyer beware. I posted the link after receiving the manual, finding it to be a decent quality item at a modest price with good customer service. Like anything else Honda sell's for the CTX, the manual they sell is extremely expensive and members on this forum find themselves having to wait to buy it. Many of the members on this forum use it to find cheaper alternatives to enhance their CTX's. Far be it for me to determine whether this manual is a copy right infringement or not. That's pure conjecture and quite frankly Honda's problem. I'm happy with it and thankful it opens up maintenance opportunities without having to wait One other thing since I'm on a tirade. When I ordered my Cee Bailey windscreen, the return address was to a tire store, Just saying.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
hey, jfc77320, I don't consider your post a tirade. Just what you think. works for me here on the forum. I know we like to support the product and the company for making a nice product and we like to save money (me included). Sometimes doing both is a hard thing to do.

·
Registered
329 Posts
OH NO I HAVE PARTICIPATED IN A FEDERAL CRIME!!!

I am just gonna spill oil on it and get it dirty, so I saved 40% on something I am gonna thrash the crap out of.

I mean: "As a peace officer in the state of California, I abhor unlicensed plaegerism in any form. I fully intend to return said book as soon as I receive it." (after divulging its secrets and use it to wire in a washing machine motor to make my CTX accelerate faster uphill whilst towing a trailer, just like my old VTX!)

·
Registered
329 Posts
that trailer thing was a VERY BAD IDEA BTW... story for another thread (sometime after a late night whiskey binge- I got pics of the entire sad story, traveling back from Yosemite all the way home to Sacramento at only 40MPH, waiving to cars behind me "go around, go around!")

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
I always thought trailers are what you put a motorcycle on and never figured it would be fun with one in tow. That said, I do know what a full sidecar feels like at 55 mph and around town. Ok grocery getter or to haul the dog around town IMHO.

My limit is if I cant do it in 2 saddle bags and a small tail bag, my car will do fine.

Reactions: ralphthewrecker

·
Registered
329 Posts
Only trailer I would consider is a one wheel design. That being said, NO MORE TRAILERS ... Just stay in a motel! Don't have to camp and pack all that crap!

Got my CTX700 repair manual in the mail... BRAVO!!! Great deal! Thx forum gang! Good lookin out!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Just bought the aforementioned manual. Yes, it's paper and bound together with the little plastic pin strip thingy, and it looks like a good photocopy. However, it was cheap, the guy posted it quickly, and it arrived in Australia 18 days after purchase.

The really good thing is the elec drawings are in colour.

It'll do me.

Gonzo.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I got one as well. No problem with the manual quality; Arrived @ my Tennessee USA home five days after placing internet order. Paid with credit card. Website order page is https:

·
Registered
701 Posts
I'm still waiting for mine even though I got an e-mail 5 days ago with a picture of the parcel addressed to me from the sender.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts