CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a red CTX700 with fairing, standard transmission and brakes. No add on accessories. Happy as I can be so far. I'll have to figure out how to make pics work later. Can't believe how light it feels, how smoothly it rides and drives; how easy it is to roll around despite its curb weight. Lots of things so much better than the scooter. The list is too long to even start. I've not noticed many of the negatives mentioned on here so far. I've noticed no crosswind except for when I got caught in an out-right storm yesterday. I've found no fault with the seat or the wind. I can feel a slight push at the top of my shoulders, neck, and face, but that's it. I do not have to work against the wind to keep my self upright and doesn't make me uncomfortable riding so far.

What I don't like so far: I have to remember to sit all the way up on the front of the seat when I'm upshifting from a stop, because if I sit in my normal highway riding position I have trouble with the shifter foot control. This negative will go away soon as I learn to quit forgetting to do this and my brain figures all this shifting to ride stuff.

Shifting through those first three or four gears seems like a lot of work and a waste. It seems like as soon as I shift to 2nd, it's time to go to 3rd, and so on. I wish this thing had only about four gears. I'm sure I'll get used to this soon as well.

It's too pretty. Makes me not want to use it, but I'll get over that soon enough.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Thanks for the good comments. The only real negative for me is also the too far forward foot controls. I find myself trying to sit as far forward as possible.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Well congratulations on the new ride Greg! I was beginning to get worried you would never get one in.
Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Being a past Harley rider the foot forward controls are normal for me. This is one of the key reasons I bought this bike. It let's me stretch out a bit. Youll get used to it if you haven't done so already.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Congrats on the new bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts