CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Awwhhh yeah! Why cant I seem to get the smile off of my face now??? May be time to start looking into selling the car! :D

·
Registered
433 Posts
DANG, that thing looks TUFF! I knew I should have waited. And shaft drive too! The girlfriend might be getting a slightly used ctx700 to replace her scooter very soon....

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
I think Honda has taken a very smart approach. The have created many entry level bikes such as the CTX700 and created path to their more expensive platforms. The CTX1300 price will be far greater than the current 700 based in the technology and components. The question is whether it will be affordable enough. The ST1300 priced itself out of reality in comparison to its competitors. With that said if Honda could keep the CTX1300 under $13,000 with ABS and 6 speed I would be seriously interested, it will be interesting.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Studying both the pics of a 700 and this new 1300 side by side on my screen I notice that the feet are directly below the knees on the 13 instead of out forward.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That seating position is almost identical to the GL1800.

You can't stand on the pegs, but your tailbone gets some relief.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think Honda has taken a very smart approach. The have created many entry level bikes such as the CTX700 and created path to their more expensive platforms. The CTX1300 price will be far greater than the current 700 based in the technology and components. The question is whether it will be affordable enough. The ST1300 priced itself out of reality in comparison to its competitors. With that said if Honda could keep the CTX1300 under $13,000 with ABS and 6 speed I would be seriously interested, it will be interesting.
I like my wife's TX 700, but it is too small for me. If this CTX 1300 handles like my wife's CTX 700 and has that 1300 power plant, I am in.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sweet looking bike.
My assumptions:
Pros-power, storage capacity, riding position, shaft drive
Cons-weight/higher CG, possibly higher seat height, cost, mpg/premium fuel needed

If they can keep the weight and seat height from going up too much, and tweak the 1300 motor for more MPG than the ST1300 gets, then I might be trading in the CTX.

·
Premium Member
6,250 Posts
It's very nice, but I will still be getting the 700! I like the additional power and saddlebag designs better, but I can do much more with the 700 to suit my needs even more then in stock form. Both bikes have different features unmatched with each other, to put it simple the 700 is the smaller simpler version of the 1300. I expect the 1300 will be at least 16+k out of the crate with what is shown. It is like a modern silverwing, half of the features of the goldwing. Do Not expect a DCT version, I never would have. CTX Comfort(explains itself) Technology(efi, led, digital, sensors galor with pcm) Xexperience(everything you can think of falls in this catagory). DCT is more for the beginner bike rider thus optioned on the smaller version. DCT would require a whole new trans design and that is not cheap and there is no market to even break even trying to make it. The current DCT is optioned on 3 models now and can earn it's money. A new DCT model on a single bike, now way! Will the 1300 have abs standard, you bet! Another feature I myself do not like and prefer the 700 anyway.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Stopped by the local Honda dealer today and asked about the CTX 1300. They said no hints from Honda at all, but did say Honda is making a new product announcement on Monday.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Since this previously-reported rumor seems to be true, I wander if another rumor, that Honda will increase the displacement on the 670 parallel twin to 720, will turn out to be true as well. Another 50 cc might be just enough to notch up the horsepower just a little and quieten the critics of the bikes that use our power train, while still maintaining the torquey, quiet, smooth character of the 670.

The Integra, CTXs, NCXs, and NCSs are all pretty heavy bikes for 47 horsepower at the rear wheel; especially for highway touring at high speeds and touring 2-up. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I just hope the F6B eventually follows suit and gets the DCT as well. I think that they'll be asking quite a bit for the CTX1300, and for a little bit more $ I think I'd go with the F6B. I prefer the tougher looks of it, plus it has alot of the Goldwings standard features on it.

Reactions: scott

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The F6B is missing some features that should be standard on a bike that size. The Canadian models appear to have ABS, but that feature is not available on the US models.

I don't understand the whole concept of these large baggers. You only need a bike that big for serious touring. The lack of windshields on baggers makes them lousy tourers. It seems that the whole purpose of a large bagger is to ride around town showing everyone how cool you are.

Adding a taller shield to the F6B might make it into a tourer. But then you could just get a Gold Wing and let your passenger ride in comfort.

The CTX700D is basically a small bagger. It makes a great commuter and it's great for short (under 500 mile) solo jaunts on the weekends. It's not really a great option for two-up touring. I don't think there would be much to be gained by increasing the displacement to 720cc.

I'd love to see the CTX1300 with ABS and a proper windshield. If they follow the lead of the F6B, we won't see either of those options.

While we're speculating on new Hondas, I'd like to see a revamp of the way the Gold Wing is priced. You currently have to pay $4000 beyond the base model to get ABS on a Gold Wing in the US. I'd like to see ABS as standard on all Honda streetbikes.

Reactions: som2002

·
Registered
975 Posts
I don't think a bump to 720 cc is an attempt by Honda to make it a more capable highway tourer for 2 up. I believe, according to the rumor, that Honda just wants to give it a slight boost and to move it out of the restricted license class for horsepower after introducing the three 500 models. There have been complaints, mostly from the NCS/NCX/Integra folks that it needs just a little more top-end cruising capability. Raising the HP by a couple may give it just a little more that single commuters / weekend getaway folks are after, and it will allow Honda to basically keep the same design with only slight modifications, i.e. bore and stroke, etc.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts