CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
463 Posts
For that kind of money you can get a BMW R1200RT with about 110hp, and about 550pounds.
Has a real windshield too....and another gear.

·
Banned
463 Posts
Gee, I wonder why so many of us with CTX700s are buying real windshields.
Apparently what Honda feels is a "feature" isn't shared by a whole lot of people.

Reactions: CaseSteam

·
Registered
433 Posts
No DCT?!? :(

·
Banned
463 Posts
som2002,
they don't want you Wisconson people to be shiftless.
You are already Packer backers.....bad enough but.....shiftless.

Reactions: som2002

·
Premium Member
6,250 Posts
It's exactly what I expected with the bike from price to features. It cracks me up, it competes within it's own brand only, the F6B. With zero competitors with simular aspects, the F6B will need to be dropped for the CTX to do well. If it is not dropped, there will be few sales of both models, but the ctx will sell a few more cause of the lower initial costs with about the same features.

Now, with 4 threads for this bike already, can we please stick with the CTX700 here? The 1300 will have it's own forum elsewhere~

·
Banned
463 Posts
I've had a Goldwing and the F6B is pretty much the same except doesn't have a top case.
The CTX1300 won't even be close to that as a touring bike. Maybe closer to an ST1100.
Having ridden a Wing and an ST1100 I don't think the CTX1300 could compete with either one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
At first I was not really liking it. But after going to Hondas site and seeing it in black and blue I'm liking it. However when I read the CTX1300 will not have DCT it kinda ruined it for me. I was hoping Honda would contiue to extend on the CTX series and continue with the DCT. I hope the CTX750 still has DCT. But why not include it on your bigger displacement motorcycle of the same series? Kinda doesn't make sense to me.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
quote: Pete, See, now this is what I call a proper instrument cluster...

yep, I would call that a Cluster F_ _ _ alright

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
LOL, ok. I guess I'm just a sucker for analog dials.
They are pretty and are better for Tachometers but with digital mph you can now tell when you are going 3mph. Can't do that with analog... what an improvement....not

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The neat thing about the digital speedo is that it lets you know how fast you are going backwards. I got my Wee Strom up to 4 mph backwards once.

Psychologically, the digital speedo implies more accuracy. We've been trained that digital is better. But in reality, the digital units are no better than the dials. My Wee was nearly 10% off. MY CTX700 is spot on. My Trophy is 5% off.

The Trophy has both digital and analog speed displays. I never seem to use the analog readout. It's so much easier to use the digital one when further math is required to calculate my actual speed.

I grew up in a world full of analog dials and I like the way they look. I suspect the younger folks would prefer all digital readouts with lots of flashy colors.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Just got back from the International Motorcycle Show in Dallas and saw the 1300 upclose and personal. The Honda rep says it will be out by March.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
What were your impressions? I like the way it combines a ST1300 engine into a cruiser style bike. I think the price will be the difficult part, was it $17,000?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts