CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2015 CTX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ride my 2015 CTX once per week and lately have had to hit the start button a couple of times to get started. Today I got a 'click' and no start. Voltage meter reads 12.5 volts. I put it on a charger for 5-10 minutes and it started right up. The bike starts normally after the initial start of the day. The battery is about 5 years old. Do you think this indicates a need to replace the battery or some other issue?

·
Super Moderator
1,110 Posts
Yes.

·
Registered
2014 CTX 700 DCT
93 Posts
From personal experience and many similar posts on this forum, your symptoms indicate the need to replace the battery.

·
Registered
2014 Honda CTX700ND
69 Posts
I ride my 2015 CTX once per week and lately have had to hit the start button a couple of times to get started. Today I got a 'click' and no start. Voltage meter reads 12.5 volts. I put it on a charger for 5-10 minutes and it started right up. The bike starts normally after the initial start of the day. The battery is about 5 years old. Do you think this indicates a need to replace the battery or some other issue?
I would believe it is the battery. #imho.
5 years is a good run and believe above average. Just replaced mine with a YUASA YTZ12S. My mechanic said even though it's a great battery, he's now seeing them fail after 3 years...

·
Registered
2015 Honda CTX 700n
78 Posts
I would believe it is the battery. #imho.
5 years is a good run and believe above average. Just replaced mine with a YUASA YTZ12S. My mechanic said even though it's a great battery, he's now seeing them fail after 3 years...
this is what is in my bike, installed in 2017.

·
Registered
2014 CTX 700 DCT
93 Posts
I’m thinking of going with a YTZ14S Same physical size.
I've been using Moto Classic YTZ14-12S 12V 11Ah Maintenance Free Sealed AGM 260CCA batteries.. My first one lasted 3 years and my second one is on its first year. Moto Classic is less expensive than Yuasa. They are listed for $59.99 on Amazon now (vs $159.99 for Yuasa). I've been satisfied with the Moto Classic's quality and performance.

Digital camera Camera accessory Camera Rectangle Font

1 - 13 of 13 Posts