CTX 700 Forum banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
I thought I had responded to this thread before, but forgot. Anyway, this is me and the Silver Bullet. She is in nice warm storage right now, while we have 20 degrees and snow outside.

I got the silver bullet name from my childhood memory of the Lone Ranger radio and tv program. I spent many childhood hours imagining myself riding that big white horse. The Lone Ranger rides again.............

https://video.search.yahoo.com/sear...959b6bdf129a1ee87354b316edd34c81&action=click

Hurry up spring. :)
That's still my favorite song after all these years!

·
Registered
120 Posts
2015 Honda CTX 700N DCT with 3 miles on it purchased yesterday. Scheme Silver, Was the last one they had they sold 12 other bikes on the same day, Was there all day but worth it. And also got a cool unreal extended 5 year warranty deal package but will not say how cheap it was. All I can say it was a steal.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
When last I tried to post, pictures were failing to upload, so, it being spring again, here is me and Swan, the 2014 CTX (manual) I bought in March 2017. I have learned to love it, and been surprised at how quickly I can hustle it through the twisties [qualifier: for a cruiser]. I did a 2,200 mile trip bookended with a pair of 525/550 mile days, and 1,100 miles of tight twisties around Marietta, OH. Notice I kept the stock mini-windshield but added a bolt-on winglet. After much finagling, THAT is the position where it best minimizes wind buffeting. Weird.

Our spring has been crappy. I WANNA RIDE!

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
Took a little ride this afternoon for the first time in 6 months, I don't know about you folks out there but in the upper half of the country this has been a long cold winter, glad to see it in the rear view mirror! This picture is a couple of years old and taken in September hence the green everywhere.

·
Premium Member
1,575 Posts
With the new custom bolt on frame, No more worrying about ever dropping it because of a bad back or losing my balance.
No need for a center stand, and you don't have to have an assistant hold it upright while checking the oil. Now, you need some nice, big, wide saddlebags to fill the void between the bike and the wheels.

·
Super Moderator
3,293 Posts
With the new custom bolt on frame, No more worrying about ever dropping it because of a bad back or losing my balance.
@Daddy Dave's observation about filling in the void with hard bags is true. I'm on my 3rd set of bags on my trike before I found the look I liked best. At least it didn't take six times (ala Cousin Vinney's passing the Bar Exam!)

BTW, is that a commercial unit, or an outrigger of your own design?

Finally, help yourself to a copy of my "How To Ride A Motorcycle Trike" PDF booklet linked below as "Ride Trikes" in my signature. Two wheels and three wheels are not the same, especially when changing directions.
:D

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
The Red one is my first CTX and the blue one is my current

You can see from the pics that i am constantly adding stuff to it.
i have several lights on the trunk and saddlebags. I guess i need a nighttime picture to show the lights.
it is a cool effect.
Love this bike.
My wife loves it, too.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Clean looking bike, Scooper. Question: I see the rear turn signal bracket has been removed. Does that tail light also give turn signal indication? An interesting concept.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Last summer when i first posted my pictures here i promised photos of the back with the lights at night.
well here they are.
I am very visible and my riding buddies tell me i look like a small car on the road at night.
Oh, and i added one more pic of my wife and me with the bike, before i added the top box.
I just love adding pics of my wife!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
My dirty CTX DCT set up for commuting. Outfitted with LED head lamp, Madstad windscreen, guard bars front and rear, fog lights, heated grips, heated seat cover, auxiliary volt meter (in dash), bluetooth receiver/speakers (Boss - in dash), heated gear plug installed in left side fairing, grip guards, TPMS, and safety braking license frame light....and grip puppies. Kinda utilitarian looking, but it gets the job down. I had Madstad lower deflectors, but had to remove those to install the engine guards. The CTX is good to about 35º.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Here's my wife, Angela, getting the state inspection:

inspection day A.jpg

Here we are getting ready to ride:

us and the bike.jpg

And here's me on inspection day.

inspection day me.jpg

You can see how young and beautiful my wife is.
I know, I know, she is too good for me.
I just love livin'!

61 - 79 of 79 Posts