CTX 700 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
I have a pretty neat story about how I got my CTX. I went to a dealer in Durham NC to look at a used white CTX700 manual trans. When I got there they said they had just sold it to someone else, but that they had also just got a return from a previous customer. A guy bought this red one I have now for his wife so they could share a hobby. She was so scared of it that she never rode it. I bought it as a used bike with only 10 miles on it! price was $5,400 before tax and fees. But I got a brand new bike with the saddle bags and heated grips. So im very happy that this one worked out. Just hit 700 miles after a trip to the beach so im going to go ahead and take care of changing the oil and transmission filter and really start racking up miles.

It really is an astonishingly beautiful machine. Only 23 mods ive done is the 24 in cee baileys wind screen and a throttle rocker for ease of use on the highway. Also have a RAM phone mount but i dont really call that a mod. Kuryakyn floor boards to come soon!
Welcome to the forum family Taylor. What a great deal! The CTX is so easy to rack up the miles on if you like to ride. Its a riders bike!

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
I guess I haven't chimed in here yet... Here you go...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
That's a good-looking matching set, Skippy!

Reactions: skippy1969

·
Registered
129 Posts
All cleaned and ready to go to Victoria (before it was taken into captivity for repairs). Love my Shad cases. Still debating on a tail case or a Cortech tail bag.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
I thought I had responded to this thread before, but forgot. Anyway, this is me and the Silver Bullet. She is in nice warm storage right now, while we have 20 degrees and snow outside.

I got the silver bullet name from my childhood memory of the Lone Ranger radio and tv program. I spent many childhood hours imagining myself riding that big white horse. The Lone Ranger rides again.............

https://video.search.yahoo.com/sear...959b6bdf129a1ee87354b316edd34c81&action=click

Hurry up spring. :)

·
Registered
808 Posts
Guess I haven't copied my pic here yet, so I'll try one or two. Here's my first helmet, now dubbed "the winter" helmet, which I haven't switched to yet this year. It's still above 20, most of the days.

Here's the shot from our church'es "Trunk or Treat" event with the summer helmet and the hi-viz vest required when riding on post to work each day.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Nice bike, what size helmet do you wear? :)

I enjoy an escape from reality on my commutes, and I enjoy the return to reality when I land at home.
My helmet is an Arai Signet Q. It's an XL and it's branded as a "long oval".
Any other helmet I need a 3xl or 4xl. This Arai fits well and allows me to put on the cover. The cover fits very snug and I couldn't imagine it going on a bigger helmet.

Glenn

Reactions: kujawskir

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Me ready to break some $h1t! Just joking. And me straight out of my FB profile. :D

I will post some more of my fairly plain CTX when I get some decent ones..

Attachments

41 - 60 of 79 Posts