Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the diameter of the CTX's handlebars?:confused:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like 7/8at ends. I just looked at them to replace the stock ones with a larger diameter grip.
Thanks, much appreciated.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
7/8 on bar ends, 1" at clamp
Great I was looking at filling the empty space between the clamps with a temp and clock gauges if/when I make a decision.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
9 Posts
1 & 1/8 inch at the center 7/8 inch at grips

I just put risers on mine (from twisted throttle) and the 1 1/8 fit perfectly.

One inch of pull back and one inch up give my aching back a rest. I have short arms (31 inch).

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am looking to put on an air temp and or drink holder and or phone holder and see that the bars range from 3 inch to 3 3/4 with equate to about 1 inch diameter to just over an inch, I am guessing that's the 1 1/8th part. why did they not make it all one size all the way through?

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
I prefer to put an ambient temp gauge on the dash, better chance to keep it out of the sun

Attachments

Reactions: nick13

·
Registered
442 Posts
I know this is old, but for those using a handlebar mount shield on their N, like the Puig Naked or National Cycle Street shield, what size handlebar clamp would you order? 7/8" or 1"? Is it just 1-1/8" in the fork clamp area?

·
Registered
983 Posts
I just looked at the Rock Riser instructions and they say a minimum of 18 foot pounds on the risers.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I know this is old, but for those using a handlebar mount shield on their N, like the Puig Naked or National Cycle Street shield, what size handlebar clamp would you order? 7/8" or 1"? Is it just 1-1/8" in the fork clamp area?
Hmm... It's 1-1/8 at clamps, then tapering down to 1 then 7/8 at grips. It depends at what spot exactly your windshield mounting hardware will end up on a handlebar...

·
Registered
442 Posts
Okay, Nick13. Thanks for the response. Will probably have to gravitate to the 1" clamps, unless I hear otherwise.

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
You can purchase clamps that fit multiple bar widths using adaptors. Clamps designed to fit 7/8 - 1 1/8 are available. You just have to look for them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts