CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
According to Neil at Hollister Powersports, in Hollister, CA (where I traded in my 2005 VTX1800C for a new CTX700ND), the Honda rep told Neil the first invoice date's for CTX700N's was 5-21-2013. Does anyone know a different possible "birthday" for US market release? If so let's try to find out.

We should throw a big online party when we nail down the date, and encourage a bunch of 1 year reviews, etc.

Reactions: gregsfc

·
Registered
892 Posts
I purchased the first CTX700D in Florida and that was July. Makes sense that the that May would have been the N models release, as that model came out first.

·
Super Moderator
6,250 Posts
This is kind of silly, your bike is labeled as a 2014. If you want to get technical per bike, just check the build date of yours. It is on the VIN sticker.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
I agree with Rebel13 it is kind of silly but worse things have happened on this forum than silliness.

I have a birth certificate hanging in my man cave from Ford for my Mustang Cobra which there were only 315 coupes made in 2004 that were white. The CTX is nice but not rare or limited production.

·
Registered
547 Posts
A cold 9 degree day so I indulged myself to look at a dealership to look at new helmet and a CTX. I should have taken that test ride about 3 weeks ago when it got up to 50. Interesting that only one out of the three I have visited in the last 30 days were really interested at talking price with me. I asked about the price and he quoted list. I wonder why they even open the doors. The good thing is that each time I go look, I see more things I didn't notice last time. This time I looked at access to the head light for putting in a modulator and found that you can get to the bulb and connector without removing any of the tupperware. Much better than my Majesty or Vespa.

I always find the model year an interesting exercise in scratching your head. I have a travel trailer and the manufacturer officially will start badging the 2015 models in June….of course with an increase in price.

Jack

Attachments

·
Registered
585 Posts
1800cc to ctx

ralphthewrecker ...Wow ....big change from 1800cc to ctx .
To me those large bikes are like drivin a boat .....
Do you appreciate the 'nimbleness' of the ctx ..... ?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Basically, if you read many of my posts, I am riding the CTX700ND like a "sport cruiser".

I developed left hand tendonitus from clutch on that monstrous VTX1800C, muscling it back and forth to work every day. Now, I slip between traffic commuting... instead of riding a bike half the size of a car!

I am free! To me, 500 pounds of CTX feels like a bmx bike compared to that big rig 1800.

My opinion now is add a bike later I can use for big road trips. I may add a new Indian Chief in 5 years when I hit age 50, or a Victory Vision. Keeping this bike tho- for the nimbleness indeed!

·
Registered
585 Posts
I purchased mine approximately 3 weeks ago. I love it very much added Honda side bags ordered tall windshield from cee baileys online :)
From what i have read and seeb on cee baileys site looks like a superior
prouduct. May i ask your height and height of wibdscreeb u irdered?

What tint of screen did you select bill? Ctx a little more turbulent with short screen than i wouldlike. Also i am on the fence about the windscreeb vent. U wish cee
bailey could make it more "TRANSPARENT".. seems i would always be conscience of it but dont want to overheat here in california.

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
Best choice for the fairing model. The general consensus is to buy the 23". I have the 22" and could use the extra inch just for the additional over air height. Don't get me wrong, the 22" is awesome and very comfortable to ride behind. No buffeting! Buy the vent. Money well spent. You will not even know its there when you ride. No where near your line of sight. It not only opens to give air to the rider but most importanly directs air upward along the windshield to reduce over pressure or better known as the parachute effect. Using the vent to stay cool in the summer is more of a gimmick that actually works. Solving the over pressure is the real need.Same vent you find on the Gold Wing.

·
Registered
892 Posts
From the pictures on their website, the screen looks kind of opaque. Maybe it is just the picture but do you find the screen to be optically clear?

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
Cee Bailey is incredibly clear. No distortion either. Cee Bailey specializes in Aircraft windshields. Does motorcycle windshields on the side.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just wanted to give a shout out to Neil, Victor, and the rest of the folks at Hollister Powersports. I just picked up my CTX from them about two weeks ago. They're a great group to work with. Once the brackets get in, I'll be going back to them to get my saddle bags installed, then it's off to Bangkok as my base of operations to ride around Southeast Asia for a year! It's a tough job but somebody has to do it.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 - 16 of 16 Posts