CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a first time buyer and I plan on purchasing the CTX-N version. Does anyone think there will be a market for customizing this bike? I for one would like to see someone develop something that can make the bike sound better.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
You mean like a different muffler?

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Nope, not like a sewing machine, that would have been the VW Rabbit from the 70's. The CTX had uneven firing to give it a better sound. It will not sound like a V-twin, ever. You will never get the deep rumble with that engine. It was designed to be more effieient and that means quieter, less vibrations. If you want a sound like a high reving sport bike then louder pipes might get you there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nope, not like a sewing machine, that would have been the VW Rabbit from the 70's. The CTX had uneven firing to give it a better sound. It will not sound like a V-twin, ever. You will never get the deep rumble with that engine. It was designed to be more effieient and that means quieter, less vibrations. If you want a sound like a high reving sport bike then louder pipes might get you there.
just want to get a quick word in. im getting a dyno test done with week on running the bike without the muffler on. if you want to hear this bikes true rumble take off the muffler by simply removing the screws bolting it to the fram below the rear peg and the two keeping it held to the exhaust. takes 5 minutes and really show the potential this bike has for more sound. I will report back with more info when the bike is properly tuned.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts