CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick post to tell you all that my dealer handled the ABS modulator recall yesterday. 1100 miles on the bike. Took about 2+ hours. He showed me the part; invoice value was $1000 plus shop labor, all covered by Honda. I felt total peace of mid with how this dealer handled everything. Did an oil change, chain adjust and tire pressure check, at a little over 1 hour shop labor plus oil. VERY SATISFIED CUSTOMER. Bike is routinely getting 65+ mpg, Drive mode. For those who are on Phx, this dealer is Apache Honda on Camelback. Highly recommend them.

f

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Were you ever worried about dying on you new bike because of the recall? I am being funny here based on some postings from non-owners.

It seems like you are a very satisfied customer the way Honda recognized the defect and how the dealer fixed it for you. I think there are excellent dealers out there. No industry has 100% but I bet Honda is pretty high.

thanks for the report Effem Tee

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How to tell if a bike has had the recall ?

Is there a VIN cutoff, after which the recall fix has been incorporated ?
Your dealer has details, and Honda USA should have sent you a letter. I would follow up with both, if I were you. This is a MAJOR SAFETY item, and you should not let time go by or dust get under your feet on this one.

Ride Often, Ride Safe
f:cool:

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
According to Honda, all the bikes needing to be recalled( less than 350) have been fixed. There were very few that were actually sold and all of these have been fixed. No need to worry.

·
Registered
28 Posts
No news about this in Spain...

I guess we are Ok...

·
Registered
105 Posts
I just got mine back a march or april and have not heard anything about a recall I do have a 700ND that has the dct and abs

·
Registered
498 Posts
I just got mine back a march or april and have not heard anything about a recall I do have a 700ND that has the dct and abs

Check with the dealer. I got mine in the same time frame, and the dealer had already performed the recall work.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Somewhere out on the interwebs, my husband found a PDF of the recall info, with details and photos. He used it to check my CTX, and found the work had been done before I took delivery.

We're trying to find the link to the PDF again. If we do, will post.

·
Registered
908 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
I believe that only certain bikes sold in Canada and the US were affected.

A total of 235 in the USA and 13 in Canada. Only 23 were actually sold in the USA. These have all been repaired and the remainder was repaired prior to sale by the dealer. This recall also effected other manufactures using the Nissin ABS modulator.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts