CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We need a set of crash bars for the wife’s Ctx, it’s the Dct with fairing , any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
The bars that Jfs17 is showing will protect a necked great but on the fairing model not much protection because the fairing protrudes past the bars. If you have the Honda factory saddle bags the Trex saddle bags guards work great if dropped the bike it will fall to about a 45 degree angle. I took some pictures of my wife's bike with her T. Rex engine guards And saddlebag guards.I put blue masking tape on them to make them stand out so you would be able to see. The black on black did not show up well. One picture is with the bike laying on the saddle bag guard that's as far as it will go over
it doesn't look like it but the bag will not hit the ground. The bottom left pic is looking down on the so you can see the blinker as reference as to how much protection there isn't there's a small slider puck you can see that will help some hope this helps.

Bryan. 20190518_090338_1558243222076.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
I installed a set from TRex and they fit pretty well the only thing is I had to tweak on the footpeg mounts but it was easy. Of course if you don't have the hard factory bags this might not be the way to go for you but for those who have the factory hardbags they are invaluable..The part where they bolt to the bike was a perfect fit. When my bike tipped over in the garage (checking stupid oil sight glass) the bike rested on the TRex guard,the handlebar grip,and the footpeg.. The engine case never touched anywhere...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Haha you're right CTX uses a dipstick..I remembered it wrong and was thinking about my FZ09 which has the stupid sight glass. I was trying to get the bike perfectly level to check the oil. Good catch.

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Thanks for photos. I like those rear bars to protect oem bags. T-Rex says out of stock so I requested notification when available.;)

·
Registered
11 Posts

The clever design allows replacement of this part if you ever need it and when it got scuffed I just hit it with some black Krylon.
$170 one time insurance contingency on the $850 bags is worth it to me.You cannot order just one from Honda you must get both bags even if you only need the one which would probably be the case.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
The ones I have are from Crazy Iron in the Russian Federation. I found an eBay link that is currently active: https://www.ebay.com/itm/CRAZY-IRON-HONDA-CTX700-CRASH-BARS/173907927805?hash=item287db862fd:g:fmsAAOSw6dhb0Nga

I believe Hepco-Becker also makes a set for the CTX700.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought a 2018 CTX 700 DCT in May of this year. Dealer ordered T-Rex Engine Guards that I planned to have a set of Denali 2.0 Driving Lights attached to. I called the dealer this week to check on arrival status of the T-Rex guards as they were told by their supplier that they will have them by today, June 21 - they were told that two weeks ago. Now the supplier is thinking MAYBE 4 months from now. I saw a post about Fehling guards that require customizing for the fairing model CTX's. Are there no other available options? Wondering if I will just have to wait until they come in. Hoping there is something else out there but based on this thread, not sure that is the case... sigh...

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
If you're really wanting protection of your motorcycle get the T. Rex saddlebag guards. I put the engine guards and saddlebag guards on my wife's CTX faired model the engine guards offer very little protection saddlebag guards only let bike fall so far. Look up at the top of this post Up put pictures to show T. Rex engine guards And Glockster76 posted good pics of the saddlebag guards. If you want the best Bang for your buck or protection go with the saddlebag guards.

Bryan

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks - yes, those look to be 'cheap insurance' as noted by another member. Thinking I will add those as well. I think they too may be on backorder... Anyway, the engine guards do provide some protection and almost more importantly, offer a platform for mounting my driving lights (which have sat new in the box in my office for a month). I am a big believer that being seen is everything when on a motorcycle and am anxious to get these puppies in play. Think I will call Givi Monday to see if they have a solution. Will check out the T-Rex saddlebag guards. Do they pose any hazard when mounting/dismounting the bike, i.e., do you need to be careful not to get your boot caught? Not sure now close they are to where your feet got when you get on/off.

Brian

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
EBay?

Something seems a little off that I found the T-Rex on EBay for ~$130 after taxes but they are "sold out" at $200 on the official site. Still, I only want them for highway pegs so I bought a set. Here is the link if you want to check them out:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/232535999135

Also they will supposedly be delivered by 26June2019...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts