CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone Iam new to the forum
I got a 2014 Ctx 700 E bought it front wrecked I replace the forks and the rim only. The problem is that now it doesn’t wanna start. Before I replaced the parts it started right up every time. It has spark. The fuel pump comes on. It just cranks and nothing. I’ve checked all the simple things that can make it not start. Is there another kill switch or a fuse that I don’t know about
If someone can guide me I would appreciate it. Thanks

·
Registered
419 Posts
You can download the owner’s manual on the Honda website. Follow the starting procedure exactly to cross that off the list then read the troubleshooting page. You can access the service manual online. Go through the “troubleshooting” sequences to try and narrow it down. I would start with the PGM-FI troubleshooting chart. If you have air, fuel and spark you should get an explosion unless it seriously jumped time which is not too likely. Good luck!!
https://powersports.honda.com/downloads/owners-manuals
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1299001/Honda-Ctx700n-Nd.html

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
howdy and welcome to the forum
i can't help much but have patiance and post a little more info. someone will be along to get serious in helping. we've had a thinning out of the ranks of people that could have been expected to jump in , but, there are still many that can and will.

ken

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Cranking with no start is usually no spark or no gas. Spray some starter fluid in the air filter. That will quickly tell you if the problem is no spark.

·
Super Moderator
6,228 Posts
Cranking with no start is usually no spark or no gas. Spray some starter fluid in the air filter. That will quickly tell you if the problem is no spark.
Or no compression. But for your starter fluid theory, no go, way too much work involved. Simply remove the spark plug and ground it and try starting, spark should be evident.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for your suggestions but unfortunately I have done and checked all of that a few times and nothing. it cranks with good enough power and it has spark in the plugs the only thing I don’t know how to check is fuel delivery I just hear the fuel pump turn on and off when you turn the key. But not sure if it’s getting fuel in the carb.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
There is no "carb" The CTX is Fuel Injected. On other bikes, I've found a wonky Kill Switch. the other possible is plugged FI's or a fuel filter. If the bike sat all winter without fuel stabilizer, then it's possible you've got water in the bottom of the tank. Just say'in.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I would check all of the fuses specifically the #7 15 amp fuel injection “FI” fuse to scratch these off the list of possibilities. Give it some throttle when starting to override the IACV. These bikes are very reliable. It’s unusual for these engines to not start. Except for battery and relay issues you won’t find many bike wont start threads here. Many times the issue is something simple that’s overlooked like bad gas. I am not a bike mechanic but I always start diagnostics with proper oil level, fully charged battery, fresh gas. Document everything you do from start to finish. If all of the common sense checks don’t work its time to methodically follow the troubleshooting guides in the service manual.

·
Registered
759 Posts
If the bike has been sitting for several months, if you didn't add fuel stabilizer, that may have contributed to the problem, especially if you used fuel with ethanol blend. In my area, the only fuel without ethanol is the premium grade from a few of the fuel companies.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have sprayed choke cleaner in the spark plug hole then install plug and crank. If it kicks over maybe even starts for a second then its fuel problem. Was the plug wet when you took it out? This tell me its getting gas. If plug was wet then hold throttle wide open and that will turn off the injectors to help the engine clear the extra fuel. If it starts leave off the throttle but keep it at 3k for a few seconds. Check the oil as it could have become gas fouled if the engine was flooded. Good luck.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hello everyone Iam new to the forum
I got a 2014 Ctx 700 E bought it front wrecked I replace the forks and the rim only. The problem is that now it doesn’t wanna start. Before I replaced the parts it started right up every time. It has spark. The fuel pump comes on. It just cranks and nothing. I’ve checked all the simple things that can make it not start. Is there another kill switch or a fuse that I don’t know about
If someone can guide me I would appreciate it. Thanks
Welcome to the forum and lots of luck with your bike:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts