CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found an article today while I was wasting time online.

I'm happy with my CTX N, and its unique looks have grown on me to where I actually like them. But like many, I get the wandering eye, and I was very interested when the Rebel 1100 came it with a DCT option. I know the Rebel 1100 is a great bike for many, but I've also read where it can seem cramped for anyone north of 5' 10" or so.

I've read other articles speculating that other bikes would get the DCT, and they appear to be nothing but speculation so far.

I like the DCT, and I like the lower seat height of a cruiser or standard bike. I also love my CTX, but it would be nice to have options short of a Goldwing.

·
Registered
925 Posts
A CB1100 with DCT a nice concept. But I suspect it'll be quite awhile if it ever comes to pass at all, especially here in the States.

Honda is clearly struggling to get new machines onto dealership floors in my area. I would have bet the Rebel 1100 would sell like mad in 2021. Instead, they're tremendously scarce. I have yet to see one.

And the NT1100 is ahead of a CB1100 in the production pipeline, if that ever gets offered in the States.

Loving all the ideas, but still holding onto my CTX700N.

Reactions: Ruby

·
Registered
925 Posts
P.S. I remember reading several years ago that Honda applied for a European patent on a Fury cruiser with DCT. The mothership likes to cover its bases with patents, I guess.

·
Registered
187 Posts
If I were younger/stronger/taller (any combination of 2) I would be looking for a nice VFR1200 (F or X) DCT.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Here's a you tube video of some Honda 2022 models. Some interesting DCT models, not sure where available though.

Reactions: Ruby and Woodswoman

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was in Ocala Florida area this past Thanksgiving... RideNow of Ocala had a new Rebel 1100 on the floor. I sat on it and the ergonomics was a no joy for me....Didnt feel much bigger than the Rebel 250/300/500...with a 32" inseam, not going to work without mucho customizing. It was pretty though.

·
Registered
2016 Honda CTX700 DCT
552 Posts
I kinda like the NT1100DCT myself (though I'm glad I'm not in the market right now).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts