CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics with the Cortech bags. i have cut off and not used some of the straps that came with the bags and use Strap Gear from Amazon.com instead. The cortech straps are a little long and cumbersome. They also took to much time to adjust. I prefer the strap gear straps and they come in sets with short adjustable stretchable straps @ $38 for a set. The tail bag by itself is useful but doesn't really hold a whole lot.
Cortech - a set on Flickr

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks CTXer. This is what I wanted to see. These are the Cortech 2.0's right?
Yes, Cortech 2.0 on both the tail bag and saddlebags. Used them today for the first time and love the combination. They look great on the bike and with the saddlebags I can take whatever I need and have enough storage.

·
Registered
185 Posts
This is really helpful. Nice pics, too. Thanks.

·
Registered
329 Posts
yeah I been eyeballing these saddlebags on ebay

they are part leather (probably pleather) and only $84.

2x Leather Genuine TANK TB08 motorcycle waterproof racing motorcycle saddle bag

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you have to install any brackets for the saddlebags, or do they already lay on the bike just fine without them?
No Brackets. It fits great without any brackets or special fittings!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Here are some pics with the Cortech bags. i have cut off and not used some of the straps that came with the bags and use Strap Gear from Amazon.com instead. The cortech straps are a little long and cumbersome. They also took to much time to adjust. I prefer the strap gear straps and they come in sets with short adjustable stretchable straps @ $38 for a set. The tail bag by itself is useful but doesn't really hold a whole lot.
Cortech - a set on Flickr
I agree about the straps. Way too long for this application, but they were perfect on the wife's Ducati. The bag is now hers. :)

I'm working on a set of ammo tin saddle bags for my CTX. I want a pair of fixed with hard sides that won't walk away, and I'm too cheap to give Honda another thousand dollars for theirs. I live in an apartment and have already had one set dissappear...

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
I agree about the straps. Way too long for this application, but they were perfect on the wife's Ducati. The bag is now hers. :)

I'm working on a set of ammo tin saddle bags for my CTX. I want a pair of fixed with hard sides that won't walk away, and I'm too cheap to give Honda another thousand dollars for theirs. I live in an apartment and have already had one set dissappear...
You might find these useful if your looking for a modest way to attach some permanent mounted bags.
http://www.ctx700forum.com/forum/appearance/19514-redesigned-saddlebag-box-brackets.html

·
Registered
18 Posts
Placement of rear straps?

Just put on the Cortech 2.0 saddlebags and like them a lot. It seems there are two place the rear straps would go...
1. under the fender to sit in the rear wheel well
2. over the rear reflector above the license. (Would pull them more rearward this way.

What do people suggest for strength and stability?

Jim

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have the Cortech 2.0 system on my 700N as well...love it and super secure. Lots of room for carrying stuff, plus I can pop them off when not needed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts