CTX 700 Forum banner

161 - 172 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Back in reference to wasks not working.
Our state required masks in public around early July.
Since then the deaths have increased, not decreased.
The daily infected are around 1000-1500 per day, YET the deaths per day are in single digits!!!!!
Working - nope.
Keeping people safe - nope.
Restricting businesses from normalcy - YEP!

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Back in reference to wasks not working.
Our state required masks in public around early July.
Since then the deaths have increased, not decreased.
The daily infected are around 1000-1500 per day, YET the deaths per day are in single digits!!!!!
Working - nope.
Keeping people safe - nope.
Restricting businesses from normalcy - YEP!
The big question is WHY? We see the politicians without masks constantly and no distancing. So what is really up?

·
Registered
2018 Honda CTX700 DCT, 2015 Zero SR [sold :’-( ]
190 Posts
“The big question is WHY? We see A LOT OF PEOPLE EVERYWHERE without masks constantly and no distancing. So what is really up?” There, fixed that for you.

People everywhere are stupid, that’s what up. Being a politician actually increases the odds that the person is a few twists of lime short of a margarita.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I just started a new thread as beyond draconian measures are being considered around the world. Apparently the new baddie is the family. They are now blaming small family gatherings. They may yet ban Thanksgiving and Christmas meals.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I just started a new thread as beyond draconian measures are being considered around the world. Apparently the new baddie is the family. They are now blaming small family gatherings. They may yet ban Thanksgiving and Christmas meals.
I haven't seen anything that blames "small family gatherings" where most are in the same house. Family gatherings, indoors, with 15 or more people, yes, they are problematic.

People who know they have been exposed to people with covid yet continue to get together for indoor gatherings with many people are known to be problematic. Super spreader events like the big event that has what, 20 or more people who met at the White House coming down with covid, remain problematic.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
No Canadian references to draw upon Phil?
Some but none as dramatic or as recognizable as the ones mentioned. Recently, there were 2 guys in Ottawa who were exposed to someone with Covid that visited 5 bars and restaurents in one night. As a result, those business need to shut down for 2 weeks. A fine argument for significant fines to be levied against those who act irresponsibly, thereby causing others significant cost. Also a nice example where lawsuits for damage should be pursued.

At least 34 people affected as a result. I'm not aware of ANY similar situation in the world, let alone Canada, that paralells this, let alone a case involving supposed leaders.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Small family gatherings - hmmm
So my son got married on Sept 5, at our house, in the backyard.
People from my and my wife families and then people from the brides families were there.
I'd say we had 30-50 during the entire 6 hours.
That number is allowed by the state if your going there.
Funny thing - NO ONE got covid!!!!
AND no one wore a mask!!!!
THE HORRORS!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Some but none as dramatic or as recognizable as the ones mentioned. Recently, there were 2 guys in Ottawa who were exposed to someone with Covid that visited 5 bars and restaurents in one night. As a result, those business need to shut down for 2 weeks. A fine argument for significant fines to be levied against those who act irresponsibly, thereby causing others significant cost. Also a nice example where lawsuits for damage should be pursued.

At least 34 people affected as a result. I'm not aware of ANY similar situation in the world, let alone Canada, that paralells this, let alone a case involving supposed leaders.
New Zealand had an outbreak that they blame, Believe it or not, on food. Anyways it climbed to 107 infected many with no connections, and then the news media cut off.

161 - 172 of 172 Posts