CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if any of you have seen the Mission Cooling Neck Gaiter. I saw it on a TV commercial and ordered one. It works very well when confronted with a business that requires masks. It can be used as a headband, neck gaiter, face mask, hair wrap or balaclava. Just throw it around your neck and wear it that way or pull it up to any other configuration if needed. It is not hot at least up to 85 degrees. Only costs about 20 bucks. I have been wearing it and it is great for when I stop for coffee or a snack and masks are manditory. No fiddling with a mask, just pull it up over your nose and in you go. It is washable. Can be seen at WWW.MISSION.COM

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
great minds think alike. I found these "neck gaiters" to work well in much the same manner as you did.

then there are the original "Buff" gaiters too. New Collection | Sports and Lifestyle Collections | BUFF® Canada

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
It will be interesting to see what happens with masks when the "heat dome" hits the US next week and beyond. Apparently too hot highs will hit and cover much of the states. Temps expected from 100 to 120 possible.

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
It will be interesting to see what happens with masks when the "heat dome" hits the US next week and beyond. Apparently too hot highs will hit and cover much of the states. Temps expected from 100 to 120 possible.
But, but, but,... "the virus will go away when it gets hot."

·
Super Moderator
3,170 Posts
The virus will only go away when the idiots in charge finally stop with lockdowns, the masks, "social distancing," crowd limits and their other "1984/Brave New World" tactics (none of which seem to to be effective). We need to get back to work and let this thing run it's course.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
It's hot, hot hot in AZ . If anything this virus loves it. And the water parks are closed, pools are closed, in fact anything where one can cool done is closed in other states. I

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
The virus will only go away when the idiots in charge finally stop with lockdowns, the masks, "social distancing," crowd limits and their other "1984/Brave New World" tactics (none of which seem to to be effective). We need to get back to work and let this thing run it's course.
Sorry to disagree with you Bob, but it is only through the lockdowns, social distancing, limits to gatherings and use of masks (to protect other people, not the ones wearing the face covering) that progress is made with this virus. Just compare how NY dealt with it and where they are at now, with other states that either didn't follow those measures, or opened up before things were under control.

Arizona, for example, is at a critical point wrt ICU beds ( America’s COVID warning system. ).

Florida has several counties where ICU beds are at or close to full capacity being used ( Six Pinellas County hospitals have zero percent ICU bed availability , https://www.newsweek.com/4-hospitals-fla-county-run-out-icu-beds-state-sets-another-record-new-daily-covid-cases-1515485 )

ICU beds are filling up in Texas too, and a variety of other states, while others are seeing record numbers that are going to have major impact on facilities. https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/07/02/coronavirus-live-updates-us/

European countries got swamped due to the rapid rate of spread and inability to deal with the numbers which overwhealmed medical facilities. That is also what happened to New york. It looks like that can be happening across the US. I wish it were not so, but opening things up will make matters worse, not better.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Sorry to disagree with you Bob, but it is only through the lockdowns, social distancing, limits to gatherings and use of masks (to protect other people, not the ones wearing the face covering) that progress is made with this virus. Just compare how NY dealt with it and where they are at now, with other states that either didn't follow those measures, or opened up before things were under control.

Arizona, for example, is at a critical point wrt ICU beds ( America’s COVID warning system. ).

Florida has several counties where ICU beds are at or close to full capacity being used ( Six Pinellas County hospitals have zero percent ICU bed availability , https://www.newsweek.com/4-hospitals-fla-county-run-out-icu-beds-state-sets-another-record-new-daily-covid-cases-1515485 )

ICU beds are filling up in Texas too, and a variety of other states, while others are seeing record numbers that are going to have major impact on facilities. https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/07/02/coronavirus-live-updates-us/

European countries got swamped due to the rapid rate of spread and inability to deal with the numbers which overwhealmed medical facilities. That is also what happened to New york. It looks like that can be happening across the US. I wish it were not so, but opening things up will make matters worse, not better.
Well, you are both right. There are two separate issues that are being lumped into one; public health capacity and duration of the pandemic. Bob is correct in that letting the virus run its course has merits not only for North America but the world. I am not suggesting that propagating herd immunity is the course with the optimal outcome, but again it has merits. Vulcan, you are referring to the capacity to treat the symptoms of the virus in various medical systems, which is undeniably being taxed. The capacity to treat and the duration of the pandemic are separate issues. The world cannot remain in a state of lockdown. Nature always wins.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Actually I don't know where we are with ICU beds. There are too many conflicting reports, and my colleagues tell me they are not even near full capacity. Just media hype. However the calling in of Crisis Care, which allows a determination of who lives and who dies based on a merit system is concerning, in the light that we are not near capacity, and help would come from other states and the Feds. The more this goes on, the more crazy it becomes and the more suspicious. Why would our state invoke Crisis care. I do not believe it was done in the North east in the spring when everything was really a mess regarding beds and supplies.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Unfortunately, that statement was made by someone who had no idea what he was talking about; he just opens his mouth and words come out that are not based on anything other than goes through his head.
I think he was joking. Obviously those who said that the summer az heat would kill this thing are eating crow. 112 today and the COVID goes on.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Well, you are both right. There are two separate issues that are being lumped into one; public health capacity and duration of the pandemic. Bob is correct in that letting the virus run its course has merits not only for North America but the world. I am not suggesting that propagating herd immunity is the course with the optimal outcome, but again it has merits.
The downside is the vast number of people who will die in the months or years until herd immunity is attained. I agree we can't, or shouldn't, keep things in lock-down, but until there are demonstrations of wide ranging responsibility, measures need to be put into place to protect society from those unwilling to act responsibly (in my opinion...).

As with any crisis, there are bound to be people making money off of the situation. There must be transparency and accountability. Unfortunately, the old adage is true that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Our virtue signalling PM being a prime example of that.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
One of the problems with COVID is that there is no immunity. All the trials of immune serum from those who have recovered have failed, as they were hoping to have an immune serum globulin before any vaccine. Also the count in arizona is multiplicated. Anyone who is positive keeps getting tested daily until negative, so the count is extremely exaggerated. There is no separation as to infectees. And all the states are counting differently. No one really knows what is going on.

·
Registered
2018 Honda CTX700 DCT, 2015 Zero SR [sold :’-( ]
163 Posts
the calling in of Crisis Care, which allows a determination of who lives and who dies based on a merit system is concerning,
This isn’t new - it’s always been this way. An 85 year old and a 25 year old getting the same cancer are very likely to get different treatment. Because the simple fact is that the older we are the closer to death we are. At 85, your health is likely poorer than at 25, and the amount of family you have around you, and your overall ability to lead a happy and satisfying life that contributes to society are likely less. These are factors in determining how much effort to put into saving your life. If anyone thinks they’re not, they’re just fooling themselves.

·
Registered
381 Posts
One of the problems with COVID is that there is no immunity. All the trials of immune serum from those who have recovered have failed, as they were hoping to have an immune serum globulin before any vaccine.
I think that you may have misinterpreted data. There is no evidence to suggest that immune response to Co19 is any different than any other coronavirus. No trials have been completed; the study protocols are only about 70 days old. Who would have wanted Co19 IG before a vaccine?

·
Registered
238 Posts
We cant sustain in lock down.
People need money to exist and pay bills.
Cities/ counties/ states need tax money from spending to pay out to those that need money now from no jobs.
HOW might we all get along at this pace - not very well.
There are far worse diseases out there that have a higher death rate, and YET we are not afraid of them!
This whole pandemic label that was put on Covid is wrong.
People will die, whether it is today or 2 years from now.
Me staying at home and wearing a mask when I go for groceries is only protecting myself and I dont need protecting!
I go out to eat inside restaurants now - thank god!
I go to the gym again - thank god!
I hate to wear masks when I need to go into a store, but will do it because I need stuff to exist.
My son has asthma is not as afraid as some others are about this thing.
STOP cowering and can we please go back to living again?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
We cant sustain in lock down.
People need money to exist and pay bills.
Cities/ counties/ states need tax money from spending to pay out to those that need money now from no jobs.
HOW might we all get along at this pace - not very well.
There are far worse diseases out there that have a higher death rate, and YET we are not afraid of them!
This whole pandemic label that was put on Covid is wrong.
People will die, whether it is today or 2 years from now.
Me staying at home and wearing a mask when I go for groceries is only protecting myself and I dont need protecting!
I go out to eat inside restaurants now - thank god!
I go to the gym again - thank god!
I hate to wear masks when I need to go into a store, but will do it because I need stuff to exist.
My son has asthma is not as afraid as some others are about this thing.
STOP cowering and can we please go back to living again?
At least you have restaurants and a gym. Not here. Arizonan's are going stirr crazy, and the violence is increasing. As for people, the feds can't get their act together about another stimulus. The unemployment boost ends the end of the month. Stores have closed here permanently and it expected that another lock down for the state is pending. That will permanently shutter 60% of the small businesses as estimated. There is already an increase in the price of goods, although it is never reflected in the inflation rate, conveniently. We are creating a future dystopia, running scared. I do have to laugh that there was a major news report of bubonic plague (1 case) in China. At four corners we have several plague infections every summer. Never made the news much. They are still arguing whether this is the second node, or that we never got out of the first. Every epidemic is always bimodal, they expected it, now they panic that they were right. Again I say something is amiss, and the game is afoot.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Now the bubonic plague - that would be something to be scared of!
But with today's anti-bionics it would probably be nothing too much.
AND yet would people be as scared of that as Covid???
I think not, unless the media was behind it!
Sheple will believe anything the media pushes!!!

1 - 20 of 152 Posts