CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
463 Posts
If you look down the list of "active topics" under Corbin seats for CTX700 you will see that it was noted yesterday that the Corbin seats are now available.
I ordered one last night. It was also noted on the thread that the seat is 31 inches instead of the original 28".
May or may not be an issue, depending on your inseam.
Waiting for an input from "ralphthewrecker" since his bike was used by Corbin for the model and so he has a seat.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Corbin review

Hi guys! I saw MY PERSONAL CTX700N in the Corbin pics! Know how you can tell? Look at the National Cycle Street Shield windscreen mounted on front! :) Corbin website does not appear to offer the heated seat option (it's not on the seat model they show on my bike), but I have it on my bike so just ask. I don't think the battery drain is significant. I only leave heat on for 15 minutes and turn it off because it gets REALLY warm. In 30'-40' weather, I may leave it on. I will comment on that this winter because I ride all season (in Sacramento- no snow).

I will paste the review I sent them in next reply, after I trim it down a little. They did NOT include my review, but a general one I believe. Overall I give Corbin seat a 9/10 for our specific use. Not a 10 because it's so firm, and my butt ain't use to that level of quality. The stock seat was a 3/10 after 30 minutes, and a 2/10 after two hours. :mad:

See my formal review posted 11/24

·
Banned
463 Posts
Ralph, you can also tell it's your bike on picture 9 of 14. It shows your license plate.
Also shows it on the picture of the CTX700 where the foam is shown.
You are famous!

Thanks for the input on your seat. Did you by chance measure the height of the Corbin? Seems to be some concern about that.
I have mine ordered but I have a 33 inch inseam so the height is not a problem.
Perhaps the Cee Bailey may be a little low now though.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
If the 3 additional inches is due to the wings on the Corbin, it is because it makes your legs spread out. I wonder if you sit 3 inches taller or your legs need to be 3 inches longer since they are now not able to hug the bodywork. There is a difference and that would effect whether the Cee Bailey height changes significantly. Then again it could be 3 inches taller AND much wider which would really be difficult for shorter riders.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Corbin seat height 3" over stock seat

Regarding seat height... Riding today I saw my National Cycle Street Shield is now noticeably below my line of sight. The protection dropped at least 2" I estimate. Sooooo... I will eventually add those 2" Rox Risers. This will push me back a little more, because i also noticed I lean forward more than with stock seat. However, I believe when I install the rocks risers it will pull the windshield back and I will lift it up a little on the mini cowling. When all done I should be reclining again :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
VF, that is a sweet upgrade to your bike.
Did you install the seat yourself? Is it simple to install?
I am thinking of ordering one for my naked model as well

·
Registered
3 Posts
Comfortable

Not sure if it is just me, but my butt falls asleep on the stock seat about 20 minutes into a ride on highway. Are Corbins more comfortable or is it just for durability and aesthetics?

·
Banned
463 Posts
. Are Corbins more comfortable or is it just for durability and aesthetics?
Corbins are all about comfort.
I have had 2 before on my BMWs and loved them.
I have one on order for the CTX and hope to have it in a week or two.
I anticipate it will be as comfortable as in the past.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have heard Corbin customers sometimes say awefully firm. I will critique that with SUPPORTIVE. Follow my review and subsequent comments and you shud have sufficient info to decide. My butt went numb after 30 on stock seat.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have had a bunch of Corbin's and have loved some and hated some. As mentioned they are really firm but this is usually a good thing. A lot of the heat they get is from poor customer service and sometimes poor build quality. I like the looks of this one and will give it a swing.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I am doing a big 3 day/2 night ride later this month: Sacramento to SF, down Hwy 1 to Monterey, then to Cambria, maybe Hearst Castle. Return up through niciemento fergusson road through fort hunter liggett to hwy 101. I want to see the new (2013) Pinnacles National Park. I will do a full ride report to evaluate all the aftermarket parts following that ride

Reactions: Pphantom538
1 - 14 of 14 Posts