CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for used corbin seat for sale, that will allow backrest.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
howd,
where are you located cvo? i have a standard corbin that might be for sale
ken

·
Registered
22 Posts
I may be interested in your Corbin seat if it will retrofit on my 2018 ctx700 automatic transmission model. 602.809.4978 don.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
where you located don? the shipping is what really eats up the money. my 2014 is up for sale in spokane washington and i find people wanting to talk me down from my 4,000 asking and the only way i would do that is if i keep the corbin and sell it separate. no offers yet on my bike which you can see in the for sale area of this forum. i have a pm though from a guy in vegas for a scoot for his wife who probably won't want the corbin standard because it is higher than the stock one and possibly pushes you back as well. i'll call him tomorrow and see what's up.

ken

·
Registered
22 Posts
where you located don? the shipping is what really eats up the money. my 2014 is up for sale in spokane washington and i find people wanting to talk me down from my 4,000 asking and the only way i would do that is if i keep the corbin and sell it separate. no offers yet on my bike which you can see in the for sale area of this forum. i have a pm though from a guy in vegas for a scoot for his wife who probably won't want the corbin standard because it is higher than the stock one and possibly pushes you back as well. i'll call him tomorrow and see what's up.

ken
Ken:
Thanks for responding. If your 2014 ctx700 were for sale here in Arizona, it would be sold in minutes. In my quest to find the right bike, within the last 4 weeks, I bought, and sold through craigslist, a 2012 Suzuki burgman 650, (too top heavy), then a Suzuki burgman 400, (better, but the handling was too sensitive), then a 2015 ctx700 manual (gear shifting too erratic due to my foot problems), and finally, a 2018 ctx700 abs automatic with 1300 miles, like brand new. My issues are my back. Swinging my right leg to mount, and riding the bike with the stock seat is uncomfortable. I had back problems for many years which is why I have not ridden in 22 years. But I dont want to start having back pain again. In fact, I would be riding right now if I wasn't aching. So I have to decide whether to keep my 2018 and invest in a custom made saddle, or just abandon riding all together. Unknown heretofore, is whether a saddle like your Corbin will ameliorate the back discomfort, exacerbate it, or at least allow for a comfortable ride. How is the comfort level on Corbin? Dramatically different from the stock seat? What is your opinion, overall, on the Corbin saddle? Will it fit on my 2018? Please respond or call. Don 602.809.4978. Thanks

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
howdy don

your situation sounds exactly like mine and the short of that is that the corbin solved completely the problem. i have said and believe that the reason the corbin works for me is that the bolster in the back of the seat shifts my weight forward when a bump happens. that is the natural curve that should be in our back. i spent about 40 thousand miles riding scooters because i couldn't swing my leg over a motorcycle without spasms. the stock seat was not supporting the rear of my rear and the shock from bumps was going straight up my severely injured spine causing a spasm and scream. no more with the corbin. i'm almost ready to offer it to you but give me a little time to see how my sale of the ctx goes.
ken

·
Registered
22 Posts
howdy don

your situation sounds exactly like mine and the short of that is that the corbin solved completely the problem. i have said and believe that the reason the corbin works for me is that the bolster in the back of the seat shifts my weight forward when a bump happens. that is the natural curve that should be in our back. i spent about 40 thousand miles riding scooters because i couldn't swing my leg over a motorcycle without spasms. the stock seat was not supporting the rear of my rear and the shock from bumps was going straight up my severely injured spine causing a spasm and scream. no more with the corbin. i'm almost ready to offer it to you but give me a little time to see how my sale of the ctx goes.
ken
I am very interested, Ken. I live for today because I am a lymphoma patient and have regular chemotherapy. That is why I didn't go through with another out of state ctx700 purchase and their 4 week delivery time. I dont have the time or money to order a new saddle from corbin. Is the saddle soft or hard? I still need a backrest which will probably be from Corbin?? So difficult to get a backrest that will fit our bike. Call me and let's discuss. I have chemotherapy next week. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,117 Posts
I am very interested, Ken. I live for today because I am a lymphoma patient and have regular chemotherapy. That is why I didn't go through with another out of state ctx700 purchase and their 4 week delivery time. I dont have the time or money to order a new saddle from corbin. Is the saddle soft or hard? I still need a backrest which will probably be from Corbin?? So difficult to get a backrest that will fit our bike. Call me and let's discuss. I have chemotherapy next week. Thanks
Let me interject for you here. Backrests for the Corbins are easy-peasy and plentiful. The Corbin's are all hard and both models for our CTX's have pre-installed backrest mounting holes sized for a 5/8" post. You can get aftermarket backrests via eBay for about $60 vs. $200+ for a new Corbin. I had both and you should be happy with the after-market type. Good luck with that.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
howdy don
i have a possible buyer coming thursday that seems serious about buying my ctx and i'll inquire whether he wants the corbin or not. i'm thinking he will want it in which case , i won't have it for sale. i'm wishing you the best on recovering and being able to enjoy the riding. i'll be taking my last rides in the next two days. i'll miss it.
ken

·
Registered
2015 Honda CTX700 DCT ABS
25 Posts
Let me interject for you here. Backrests for the Corbins are easy-peasy and plentiful. The Corbin's are all hard and both models for our CTX's have pre-installed backrest mounting holes sized for a 5/8" post. You can get aftermarket backrests via eBay for about $60 vs. $200+ for a new Corbin. I had both and you should be happy with the after-market type. Good luck with that.
please provide link to aftermarket backrest to fit Corbin seats....thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts