CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTX700 DCT
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if a standard Corbin seat will have any fit problems if I put a Shad 46 with backrest on my CTX700D? Corbin has yet to give me a definitive answer. I sent pictures at their request but no response. I’m just not sure that I’d have to clearance to get the seat on. I have no problems with the stock seat.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Don't know if it will interfere, but I do know that Corbin has NEVER answered emails I sent to them. I have had two Corbin seats, and neither was comfortable. Would not buy another.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
If you used the proper mounting hardware for your Shad, you will have no problem with fit.
To add commentary to your seat selection, I have a problem with a “one size fits all” scenario. If your 100 lbs or 300 lbs it’s the same seat. In my opinion, you can do better and cheaper using other sources. My personal selection was a Seth Laam seat that has amazingly pleasant results and cheaper. There are other seat builders out there as well. I would choose them before Corbin.

Glenn

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Does anyone know if a standard Corbin seat will have any fit problems if I put a Shad 46 with backrest on my CTX700D? Corbin has yet to give me a definitive answer. I sent pictures at their request but no response. I’m just not sure that I’d have to clearance to get the seat on. I have no problems with the stock seat.
Corbin seats have a love it or hate it reputation on here. I happen to love mine, though it did take about a month to break in. Now it fits like a glove.

If you do a custom search in this forum on Corbin seat with Shad top case, you will see where some members have had some interference issues with them. You might check on it.

Good luck.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Corbin seats have a love it or hate it reputation on here. I happen to love mine, though it did take about a month to break in. Now it fits like a glove.

If you do a custom search in this forum on Corbin seat with Shad top case, you will see where some members have had some interference issues with them. You might check on it.

Good luck.
Agreed...at least as it relates to the Corbin on the VFR1200X. It took quite a bit to break in and now I forget that motorcycles even have seats, it is that comfortable. The wife is interested in the Corbin for her CTX.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I hated my Corbin seat for the first 100 miles...then I dis-liked it for the next 100 miles...and then I rode 500 miles over 2 days and forgot all about it...I wouldn't trade it for anything now. It is higher/taller than the stock seat, so there might be some issues on clearance.

·
Registered
2014 CTX700 DCT
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info. I mounted the Shad case with the brackets they provided. Some older posts noted that the Corbin might have to be shaved at the back-bottom to fit around the Shad brackets. The Shad brackets do sit inside the stock handgrips but not by much. If the Corbin seat is the same or near the same width as the OEM seat I should not have a problem — I hope.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts