CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a Corbin leather seat on my 2014 CTX700N DCT. The seat looks awesome. It also raises my riding position an 1" or 2". Which is a real benefit for me. However, the seat is very hard. Other reviews call it "supportive". This may get softer as it breaks in, but right now it is like sitting on a brick. I have not taken it for a multi-hour ride yet, but after an hour, my butt did not feel as numb as with the stock seat. I think I will be satisfied in the long run. But for the money, I expected it to be more comfortable out of the box.

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
Congrats on the new seat. I have read posts where it takes about 2,000 miles for it to break in before it is really comfortable. I may get the Corbin or have the seat reworked by "Laam" up north of where I live. Corbin is only about 50 miles south of me and if I decide on a Corbin I will ride down and get it. They also have a nice diner there too next to them. Keep us informed on how you like it as you get more miles.

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
Corbin's have always been known to be extremely "supportive" fresh out of the box especially for lighter riders. They do have to go through a break in period although I wouldn't let it go past the return policy date without calling Corbin first. Most people have been satisfied with them but I know of a few who are still having problems with how firm they are.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have Corbins on my two bikes. (Do not yet own a CTX700)...One is somewhat soft...the other is very hard....both are extremely comfortable...Sometimes I use a genuine wool fleece on the hard one and it makes for more comfort, but compared to stock seating torture, I would rate either seat as outstanding......

For the record: 1994 Honda magna 750 cruiser with Gunfighter and lady seat..Very hard...Gives superb back support without a backrest due to high rise of rider's seat portion...

1987 BMW K75 with corbin seat for rider and passenger....somewhat softer.....very nice seat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts