CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a brand new Corbin leather seat, normal height, in black leather with gray stitching and logo. It is their standard build seat with the optional driver’s folding backrest. I bought it just before the pandemic and it didn’t arrive until late May. The seat and backrest cost over $900 so I am looking for a good offer north of the $500 mark. Shipping is on the buyer and I am outside of Baltimore, MD.
I know this seat was on this site before but I thought it sold on another site. Buyer fell through. PHOTO SHOWS THE SEAT ON MY OLD BIKE. Bike is not included.
View attachment 87025

·
Registered
9 Posts
I know I might have asked, just want to know something:
I am 30 inseam, and on my 2016 honda I easy flat floor both sides of the bike and hold it like that.
This is regular seat, how much it rises rider up?
Would it be too much for someone like me?

How tall are you, etc. ?
Thanks again

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know I might have asked, just want to know something:
I am 30 inseam, and on my 2016 honda I easy flat floor both sides of the bike and hold it like that.
This is regular seat, how much it rises rider up?
Would it be too much for someone like me?

How tall are you, etc. ?
Thanks again
I am 5’10” with a 30ish inseam. This seat adds about an inch of height to the stock seat. I detected no difference in that, just the comfort level on longer rides.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Curious as to why you’re selling since you bought it so recently
I was initially going to keep the bike because I felt that my wife wasn’t going to buy into an upgrade to a Goldwing. She changed her mind so I traded in the bike when I purchased to GW. I kept the Corbin seat because the trade in value was the same whichever seat was on it. Now I’m buying a Corbin for the GW.

·
Registered
2015 CTX700ND
13 Posts
Just got my Corbin standard today. OMG what a difference. It does add some height, yes an inch but you also sit farther back in an amazing bucket. It might be a father reach to the ground but it’s worth it. I’m 6’1” with a 33” inseam. I would not want the low version after riding this. Plenty of clearance now in the tank cutout, I used to rub the top. I’m soooo happy. Anyone is SoCal need a slight used airhawk ;-)?

·
Registered
2015 CTX700ND
13 Posts
Also if it helps to sell it cheaper maybe sell the backrest separately. I might know a buyer 😬🤗

·
Registered
2015 CTX700ND
13 Posts
I need to know how you got your wife to ok the upgrade because I want to do the same. lol.
Has she ridden on the back of yours? Ever longer than 30 min? If so, order it. She’ll forgive you first ride ;-). eBay used can soften the blow. I found one in my budget not broken in yet with silver piping that matches the color of the bike ;-)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not the seat, the Goldie. I have already used up my “easier to ask forgiveness than permission” ticket on a Burgman650. Bad crash on that, 3 years of whining until I got my ctx700 dct. Should have never sat on the gold wing.

·
Registered
2014 CTX 700 DCT
26 Posts
Not the seat, the Goldie. I have already used up my “easier to ask forgiveness than permission” ticket on a Burgman650. Bad crash on that, 3 years of whining until I got my ctx700 dct. Should have never sat on the gold wing.
Know anybody that has a Goldwing?
If so, get said person to take her for a nice long ride.
We are on our third Wing.
As my husband says: " Don't take your wife for a ride on a Wing unless you're prepared to buy one".
;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts