CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys hearty hello from Sacramento, CA.

Keep your eyes open on Corbin's website for the new offering of a seat for our bike, and it should work for all since CTX700N's and fairing models have same seat.

I took the plunge and left my bike at Corbin in Hollister all last month, and they built the mold from my 700N. Yes, I got a new Corbin seat for free, with heated element and backrest. And my bike is now a professional model!

Saturday afternoon I rode up 101 to and cut over to Half Moon Bay. Got dark while crossing over, so I switched on the heat element... NICE! Rode up hwy 1 through SF, base of Golden Gate Bridge, down Lombard street, and went home over Oakland Bay Bridge.

Seat is marvelous, though stiff of course. Stock seat gave me lots of pain in my tailbone area after 20 minutes. Corbin seat does not. My thights carry most of the pressure now, but it is softening already commuting to work this morning. LOVE IT. The foam they use is really hi quality, and the cover is awesome. The removable backrest is really supportive, in fact my muscles hurt from sitting CORRECTLY on my ride home through SF (hey I am 45 and parts stickier). The seating position actually improved for me. I have 32" inseam, am 6'1", and weight 250 (me big boy!).

I recommend the Corbin seat if the stock Honda not comfortable or gives you hot spots. I added an Air Hawk to stock and it still wasn't enough to reduce that tailbone discomfort. If you get seat, go ahead and add the heated seat if you ride year round. I was shocked at how toasty it gets - I am confident with armored cold weather pants it will be real toasty.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Add some pics please.

Reactions: manttila

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahem. I cannot seem to upload pics. Let me try to pics on my photobucket so I can link them that way

Reactions: Billnoroville

·
Registered
309 Posts
You can also just copy and paste right into the text box.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I forgot to add that Corbin also removed my passenger backrest and recovered it to match new seat. I was VERY impressed with the whole experience, including eating in their restaraunt.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Sweeeet! Looks comfortable!

·
Banned
463 Posts
Ralph the wrecker. Great you could do that with Corbin.
I talked to them a few weeks back and they did not have any plans for a CTX700 seat yet.
I have had Corbins on the 2 BMWs I had and they were great.
I'll be getting one as soon as they are available. When I lived in San Jose it was easy to ride down there and have one set up.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I can't wait for this to be available. I like the "drop" it has for the driver, actually a true butt-stop similar to what my Silverwing had. That and the attachable backrest will be GREAT for all day riding again. The uncomfortable seat was my only real complaint about this bike that was making me question my purchase. I am just not sure if I care for the old school "pleated" stitching on this new one. I kinda like the smooth, modern appearance of the stocker, but there was probably no way to add in that "drop" without the stitching I bet. Thanks Ralph for giving up your bike for that long so they could do this.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks! How do you like your stock hard luggage? I been thinking about adding them, but how are they with lane splitting? How is the capacity?

Reactions: CTX

·
Banned
463 Posts
Thanks! How do you like your stock hard luggage? I been thinking about adding them, but how are they with lane splitting? How is the capacity?
I like the hard bags. They are 29 liters. As far as lane splitting, it's not legal anywhere except in CA. I stay away from that kind of traffic.
I think these bags do stick out quite a ways.....actually they measure 34" at the widest part.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
WOW- 34"! OK, maybe I get the BIG Givi 55L... and add the remote opener!

I was lucky I could borrow my buddy's DR650 to commute on while my CTX700 at Corbin.

GOTTA lane share in Kahlifornya- cuts commute IN HALF!!! That's why I have life insurance! (don't tell my wife I said that- she hates when I do)

·
Registered
47 Posts
They need to hurry up and start selling this!!!!!!

Reactions: som2002

·
Banned
463 Posts
I just looked at the Corbin site, corbin.com, and on their home page they have a section named "news".
If you click on that and page down about halfway they show a CTX with the seat being developed.
From the license plate you can see that it is "ralphthewreckers" bike.
If you click on the bike there are 2 pics of it.
It just says to look for the CTX seat in the near future.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Corbin Seat for CTX700

I just searched the Corbin site and nothing there re CTX700. Any additional information about timing on this?
Hi All,

Got a call from Corbin this morning. I made a 'ride-in' appointment for the install this Saturday November 23rd.

:DGene

·
Registered
309 Posts
What is that cost for that seat?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Reactions: vulcan
1 - 20 of 138 Posts