CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish to thank @prbpci0 for letting me try his seat on my bike.

The Corbin Low Seat does not fit with the SHAD® - Top Master SH59-SH39 Fitting Kit. It fits fine with the OEM Honda stuff, but not Shad. The Shad system narrows the seat opening too much, so the seat hits the bracket instead of latching secure...

A two hour trip out to see @prbpci0 saved me from paying $561 for a seat that won't fit my current configuration. The seat was extremely comfortable when i sat on his bike, so I'm sad it wont work for me...

·
Super Moderator
3,198 Posts

The Corbin Low Seat does not fit with the SHAD® - Top Master SH59-SH39 Fitting Kit. It fits fine with the OEM Honda stuff, but not Shad. The Shad system narrows the seat opening too much, so the seat hits the bracket instead of latching secure...

A two hour trip out to see @prbpci0 saved me from paying $561 for a seat that won't fit my current configuration. The seat was extremely comfortable when i sat on his bike, so I'm sad it wont work for me...
As I have said here before, I have had both Corbins on my trike, in turn, and have replaced them with a Russell Day-long. I only wish I had started with the Day-long. Highly recommended over and above the Corbins.

·
Registered
2014 CTX700 DCT
28 Posts

I have a Shad SH46 with the SH59-SH39 Fitting Kit that fits perfectly with the Corbin seat. I don't think it is the "low" Corbin seat (I bought it here on the Forum). I can't imagine low seat is materially different from the "high" seat in the area of bracket fit. Curious.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have a Shad SH46 with the SH59-SH39 Fitting Kit that fits perfectly with the Corbin seat. I don't think it is the "low" Corbin seat (I bought it here on the Forum). I can't imagine low seat is materially different from the "high" seat in the area of bracket fit. Curious.
+1 for me. I have the exact setup. I do have to give the seat a good thump to get it past mounting bars, but then seat locks on fine.
[/QUOTE]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts