CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Hi has anyone got any comments or experience on these crash bars I found on Amazon, they seem good value but I know nothing about them.

These are copies of the ones sold by the German company, Fehling. Others on the forum have noticed quality issues with these knock-offs. I have installed the Fehling originals on my 700N and love them. Interestingly, they only cost me about $240 shipped, which is less than the ones from Amazon. You might investigate the Fehling units. Cheaper, and known quality. Caution: These fit the 700N model only, not the fairing model.

Reactions: Nan700nd and Ira

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks didn't realise yeah so that's that the trex bars look good but the shipping is too expensive

·
Super Moderator
3,240 Posts
These are copies of the ones sold by the German company, Fehling. Others on the forum have noticed quality issues with these knock-offs. I have installed the Fehling originals on my 700N and love them. Interestingly, they only cost me about $240 shipped, which is less than the ones from Amazon. You might investigate the Fehling units. Cheaper, and known quality. Caution: These fit the 700N model only, not the fairing model.
Yea & amen to what the Professor has shared. These are just another of the Chinese knock-offs. I tried one of the others of them and sent it back (finally getting only a partial refund after months of dealing with them). Avoid it like they are dusted with Covid-19 (another sucko Chinese export!!).

·
Registered
17 Posts
I bought and installed this type of crash bars. They are a bear to fit. You better have a large vise, a long pry bar and a very large adjustable wrench and a friend that is not offended by colorful language.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Thanks didn't realise yeah so that's that the trex bars look good but the shipping is too expensive
I also got the Fehlings and they are perfect! Shipping from Germany should make them less than the T-Rex guards.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Reactions: Ruby

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi has anyone got any comments or experience on these crash bars I found on Amazon, they seem good value but I know nothing about them.

I bought the Chinese knockoff ones on ebay for about $180. The earlier comment about getting them to fit only applies to the clutch side, which was quite challenging as the clutch cable is in the way and ultimately gets distended a little bit once that right side bar is in place. Initially it looked like it was sized wrong, but it was right once you figured out the safest way to get it under that cable. Quality wise they seem fine, very solid. Hope this helps your decision.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Professor, hope you’re doing well in these crazy times. You’re always so helpful here I’m the forum. I always enjoy reading about your knowledge on our bike. I have the same one as you ☺

·
Premium Member
699 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,240 Posts
These won't fit the faired version. Use one of the models mentioned above.
With some very minor mods, the Fehling design can be fitted on a CTX with fairings. Just click on the Fehling Engine Bars link in my signature below for details & photos, 😎

1 - 17 of 17 Posts