CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did a coolant change and replaced brake fluid, when I buttoned everything up this was under my 2014 CTX manual.

It is metal and magnetic. Base is just under 3/4 inch and about 1/2 inch tall, hole is 1/4 inch
Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
I'm not 100% certain, but, I believe they are the spacers that fit into the top radiator rubber mounting cushions. These would keep the bolt threads from eating into the cushions. These would only have come out if you loosened and removed the radiator.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe on Gas tank side panel

Thank you for the suggestions. I just had to know where its from. I had only taken off the right gas tank panel when I did the coolant change. I didn't loosen or remove the radiator. I did take it all the way down as I had before. Goes quicker the second time.
Maybe goes as in the photo below. Its there for now.

I will pay more attention in the future. Alcohol was not a factor, that may have been my down fall.

Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
280 Posts
I work at a automotive factory and see extra parts dropped down into vehicles all the time. Cars and suvs moving down the assembly line about every 45 seconds to each station. Workers get in a haste sometimes and drop things. Could be an extra part that was dropped and wedged in a panel somewhere and fell out when you removed to access the radiator. Possibility

1 - 9 of 9 Posts