CTX 700 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
The need to build bikes for shorter inseam people in general.
I concur. I did look at a 2021 Triumph Tiger 850 Sport and Triumph Tiger 900GT last week. They make the Tiger 900 GT in a Low Ride Height format (29.6" seat height). Unfortunately, the dealer had sold / shipped out the last 2 - 2021 Triumph Tiger GT Low Ride Height they had by the time I showed up. That said, I sat on regular models and I am like 95% sure the Tiger 900 GT LRH will work good for my height / inseam. My only reservation is Triumph charges a whole lot more than Honda. That said, I can't seem to find local Honda dealer that has the 2021 NC750X though in stock to test / sit on. I also got a opportunity to admire / sit-on the dealer 2020 Triumph Daytona 765 Moto2. I can't flat foot this either - but its so light (363 lbs) - I don't think I would care / need to. Pretty bike the 765, but don't need a track bike. Triumph also offered the older Tiger 800 in LRH models, you might consider looking at one of these if a nearby dealer or private seller pops up in your area on Cycle Trader.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I think the Tiger 800 starts at 32" seat height, so it's a bit more than the NC750X at 31.6". The CTX700 is listed at 28.3", and CMX1100 at 27.5".

·
Registered
155 Posts
I think it’s great that Triumph offers LRH models (they list the Tiger 800 LRH seat height at 29.9” actually). Now if they only had an LRH DCT model!

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
For a 28" inseam, theoretically the seat height of 25.x inches is ideal. Since if the seats are wide, then inseam height drops. Also consideration for travel of the shocks does help. You should be able to stand above the seat, just "nearly" flat footing is not enough to save you if the ground is slippery. It is almost like the mc companies refuse to acknowledge shorter individuals.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts