CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've currently had my Seth Laam seat for about a year and a half. While it's a definite improvement over stock, I find it to be very firm and it starts to get a bit uncomfortable on long rides. I'm wondering if a Corbin would provide more cushion and be a bit more "cushy". Has anyone here had the opportunity to be able to compare Seth Laam to Corbin? If you have, which Corbin did you have, the low or standard height? I find that the Seth Laam seat raises me about 1/2 to 1 inch above stock height. I can't quite flat foot it unless I move up on the seat towards the tank. For reference, I'm almost 5'11" with a 32 in inseam.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I am 5’11’’ 32 inseam and have the Corbin tall seat and am not familiar with the Seth Laam. I can just almost flat foot the Corbin no problem. The Corbin is stiff the way I like it. I have a Corbin on my KLR 650 and it is a stiff as a board. But compared to the squashy soft OEM seat it came with it is much superior. Too soft is bad. Blue jeans are the worst riding pants. I have beeen searching for the perfect seat for years and it doesn’t exist. Man just wasn’t designed to sit in one place for too long.
Corbin Seat Question...also any female Corbin seat owners?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I’ve found over many years/miles on bikes, the softer the seat feels initially, the less time it will take for your butt to hate it. Corbins really never soften up. I had one, re-covered once through 2 St-1100’s and about 150K miles. Firm seats give the support you need for long days. I also believe flatter seats give more latitude to move around and a moulded seat can be a real killer since you can’t alter the pressure points. I have a Corbin on my CTX. Ironically, the worst seat I ever had was a Corbin on a Kawasaki C-14, moulded perfectly and torture to sit on.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I had a corbin twice, neither on a CTX. To me, they were very uncomfortable. Never had a Seth Laam, so I can't help you with that.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I recently purchased a used Corbin "low" seat, it is a bit firm but I was expecting it to be that way. I rode for about 2 hours last week, though I had some tiredness around my butt it was better than the stock seat. I thought about it later on and decided that sitting in my recliner or pickup truck causes some pain as well.
It seems like all this is getting worse with age, but I'm not giving up yet!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts